Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Drying your carget and storage bins

Ok here comes another dumb question.. I was out this weekend really windy in Dallas.. I got the inside soaked.. I keep the boat in a 5000 sqf office.. What is the best way to dry it out and keep the carpet dry.. I don't want to replace carpet every year..
    2009 Moomba LSV..Kenwood Head unit Kicker subs and 4 wet Sound tower speakers..3 kicker amps.. Green and Black ( green like the payments black like my eye when i brought it home ) lol J/K

I don't know why you keep it in an office, but that's your deal. Mine sits in a 100 degree garage and I use a box fan for 3 days, constantly moving it around. You have to pull all the cushions loose so air can circulate behind them and leave the locker doors open. I find that just moving that heated air around dries it out in no time. My next garage will have 2-3 big fans on the ceiling so I can control at the wall.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I don't have the luxury of worrying about that. After my fun on the water is over the moomba cover goes on, tower goes down, and she gets stuffed away in a storage unit till i take her out again... She doesn't stink that bad, yet.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Agreed, get all the seat cushions out of the way and leave all the locker doors open. A box fan will help for sure. Its when you leave everything closed up and wet for days is when you start having mold and funky smells.

Water doesn't hurt your carpet... its feet and the stuff that comes from feet. Lotion, dirt, cheetos... you get the idea.

I get water sitting under my ballast bags for a few days and the carpet gets pretty nasty. I'll scrub it out with a brush and water and the carpet looks good as new.

PWI as usual...

I meant shop not office sorry.. I also need to figure how to edit i don't know what carget is.. LOl.. i am doing the box fan thing just making sure its the right thing to do
    2009 Moomba LSV..Kenwood Head unit Kicker subs and 4 wet Sound tower speakers..3 kicker amps.. Green and Black ( green like the payments black like my eye when i brought it home ) lol J/K

I pull all the wet gear out of the boat after each use, including all the ballast bags. I then put a box fan in each rear compartment and run them until it dries out. I also remove and wipe down all the cushions and put them back such that air is getting into the storage compartments underneath. Typically, only the rear compartments are wet when I get home - the carpet in the cabin is usualy dry from the 45 minute tow home (remember, my boat has the low cut carpet).
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Gottop69 View Post
    I meant shop not office sorry.. I also need to figure how to edit i don't know what carget is.. LOl.. i am doing the box fan thing just making sure its the right thing to do
    For 15 minutes after you post there is an Edit button on the bottom right of your post to change things.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

6hp wet/dry vac the carpet, pop the cushions up/storage bins open, box fan.
    Couple times a year I'll hose down the carpet, scrub it with carpet cleaner, then spray some downy mixed with water. Let it sit for about 10 min and then wet/dry vac it up.
    My carpet wasn't in the best of shape from former owner and looks pretty good now.

I shop vac the floor out after each trip and prop all the cushions up until its dry.

must be nice to have a place at the house where you can store your boat and dry your carpet out after every use...
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD