Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What's your riding arrangement with your spouse?

We store our boat at the cottage and have a huge dock where my wife prefers to spend her time sipping, sunning and swimming. She only drives for me. By the end of the day, everybody on the boat is pretty tired and it was tough for me to get my rides in so we came up with an arrangment

I take the first set and the last set of the day and drop my wife off in between. Then it's just me, the kids and any guest we have up until the last set.

Kerry takes her two runs a summer on the two hottest day and is fully wakeboarded satisfied.
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.

My wife drives for me, I drive for everyone else. I've got a driver in training, which is my bud that comes 80% of the time. So far, he has only driven while I surf. Wakeboard driving lessons are next I guess.

Thats a dangerous question... and frankly NOYB
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Im pretty lucky as Claudia is a really good driver even though she is nervous all the time. She will always drive for me as much as i want to ride. She wont drive for anyone else unless i ask her to.

I drive for everyone, my buddy Steve drives for everyone in the boat except Claudia, my other buddy Brandon is in training, shes got the wake surfing driving down and a few days out this summer he will be a good wake board driver also.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Mine drives for me about 3-4 times a year. She is reluctant but better at it than she thinks. My oldest daughter drives for me the rest of the time. I pretty much drive for everyone else. Tough part is that my daughter drives onto the trailer. When she's not with us there's no one to do it but me and my wife can't back the trailer. Oh well.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Wife drives for me (still gets nervous after 20 yrs boating with me), I drive for most others in my boat unless Pat or Drew is with us. Got my 12yr old daughter coming along with driving-started with the little fishing boat but she's getting bumped to the Moomba this month.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Wife will drive for me only, prefers to drive for wakesurfing but will drive for wakebaord or salom. If my bro in law is around then he drive ( had a malibu a year ago) or one of my good riding buddies drives or I drive his vride. Nobody with out ski boat expierence gets behind the wheel!

My wife grew up on a lake and around boats so she is completely comfortable towing, docking and de-trailering/trailering the boat.

You'd be suprised at how many times I am complimented by other guys in the parking lot when I pull up, throw the wife and kids in the back of the boat, launch it, go park, then get picked up like a rock star at the dock and motor away.

Same thing when we pull out. She drops me off at the dock and will float around away from the dock untill it's our turn. Heck, she's probably better at it than me!

She keeps threatening to teach a boating course for women so that they feel comfortable doing these kinds of activities. It pisses her off when there is three or four boats tied to the dock because a bunch of guys have left their wives to hold the boat untill they return from the parking lot and she can't get to me so we have to wait.

Guess I am a lucky guy!
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

My g/f does very little is any driving, I think I make her nervous when she tries to drive and thus it is not enjoyable for her so I need to work on that. I will be doing some teaching with her over the next two weeks, I never thought about letting her pull me surfing first, thats a good idea. My buddy Cody pulls me and my dad pulls me but that's it, I pull everyone else and sometimes it would be nice to relax and have someone else take the helm for a little while.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

My girlfriend loves to ski, wakeboard, and surf as much as I do, so its not an issue. She is fine driving the boat towing me doing any of these. She even puts the boats on and off the trailer like a pro. I am very proud of this fact. Whenever she loads the boat on the trailer and there is someones wife of girlfirend standing there hold the boat for her man, I make sure to let her know that she did a great job and that I am proud of her, in a loud enough voice for everyone at the ramp to hear.

Personally, I think there is no excuse for a woman to not know how to operate a boat that she partially owns, basically. What would happen if a couple was out on the lake and the husband got injured and couldn't drive the boat back to the ramp?

Also, if I were a female, I would be really pissed to have to be a human docking cleat.