Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I've ordered 5' of stainless 3" exhaust pipe, and had them put a 30 degree bend at each end and cut the pipe in half. I'm using these guys:

http://www.ashlandmufflerhouse.com/

I think I've got about $60 invested in the whole deal. I'll let you know how the install goes.

J

Started a clean thread with the install.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=15335

pecanflyboy - Please be sure to report back on sound and performance. I'm not planning on making the change to straight pipes, just think it's interesting and reminds me of my youth as a gear head. Thanks for posting. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    pecanflyboy - Please be sure to report back on sound and performance. I'm not planning on making the change to straight pipes, just think it's interesting and reminds me of my youth as a gear head. Thanks for posting. - Deerfield
    The main reason for the switch is to get away from the leaky mufflers. I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by pecanflyboy View Post
    The main reason for the switch is to get away from the leaky mufflers. I'll let you know.
    I wonder if you had FAE at the end of the straight pipes would it make a difference in terms of sound. I have FAE and I can barely hear my boat which is good IMO.
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

The winds finally died down yesterday, so we hit the lake with the new exhaust configuration.

I could barely tell a difference inside the boat. The tone was a little deeper, but it was not appreciably louder.

My riders noticed a difference in the sound from behind the boat, and commented that it was louder.

I think overall, the sound is not an issue, imho.

Jimmy

Jamestown Distrubutors has very good prices on all sizes of required, flexible rubber wire reinforced exhaust hose. Its very good purpoe built material. Give then a call to order what is needed.

Our other boat is a 17' 1955 Chris Craft Sportsman with a CC 1964 GM/Chevy 283 small block. Doua straight 2-1/2" pipes out the transom. I like the sound when I'm driving it...its loud but mellow...i think the flexible hose softens up the harshness.
    2006 Mobius LS