Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I don't think this is Vapor Lock, but having tons of trouble

I have '06 Outback V with 350 hours on it. Problem started last year and 2 different shops were no help. After running the boat for several hours, it starts to drop rpms and surges when under way. If I turn it off, it will crank but will not take gas without stalling. I researched vapor lock. I run the blower and will even lift the engine compartment if it will be off for more than 10 minutes. I am running ethanol free gas and the new Stabil for marine use. I am thinking it is not vapor lock because it will run fine for 10 to 20 minutes and then the problem starts. I am thinking I should be pumping 'cool' fuel by then. Once it sits for an hour or so, it cranks fine and then will start cutting out/surging within 30 minutes. The fuel pumps tests fine and I a new filter put on it. I have a video of the problem that I can email. Any thoughs? Thanks,

Lrock

what engine?
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Default Engine

Sorry, 325 Indamar.

Lrock

I am having the exact same issue mine is a 02 with the 330 MPI Assault. I think that I have either bad fuel or bad filters.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

I have a similar issue except my boat always seems to start and this involves moomba cruise. When moomba cruise is turned on and set and we accelerate it hesitates. Like it will start going then kind hesitate, then take off then stumble again and then take off and we are good. Only does this when moomba cruise is on.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I just installed PP and even with it off my boat was doing it. Yesterday it would not even refire for me and we had to get towed in.
    -Mark
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

i wonder if this is the new ethanol fuel we are getting. I know the OP said hes getting non ethanol but this is how my lawn mower runs. I know its not the same but my truck is diesel.

with the mower i have to drain the tank or fill it completly when it i put it away.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I had a quarter tank that I put stabile in it, then I filled it yesterday with 10% ethanol because that is all we can get around here.
    -Mark

"Hey you only live once"

When it didn't fire was the fuel pump running? I'm thinking your pump is going.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

We have had 10% ethanol fuel here since 2006 and I have not had a single problem with it.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD