Default 2019 mojo front ballast upgrade

Looking to upgrade the rear bags for my 19 mojo and see that wakemakers has them for the rear but nothing for the front. Does anyone know if any of the universal ones will work or fit. If not I guess my other option is lead but how much up front? I would rather not use lead if possible because I trailer it to and from the lake but I am not totally against the idea.

2019 Moomba Mojo
    Tow Rig 2019 Ford F150 Raptor

I am not sure what your 2019 has for a bag in the bow but my 2020 has no room for a bag any larger than what it came with from the factory. I have upgraded to the Wakemakers rear bags and run a little over 800# total of lead. I ran the lead with the stock bags for 1 season, when I upgraded the rear bags I had to move about 200# more up to the bow to bring the bow back down. I now run a little over half of the 800# up in the nose and the rest is under the rear bags as far back as possible. My boat is a surf beast with this set up. Not sure if towing with 800# of lead is that big of a deal. I do it with no issues.
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

Do you have pics of the rear bags in place. Also how far forward do they come into the storage areas. So your doing 400# in the rear and 400# in the bow?

2019 Moomba Mojo

1) If you have a heater on the port side...it will fill your entire storage port side.
    2) Starboard side is the same length...but no heater gives you about 18-24" of unfilled space under that seat. (i kept a bit of lead and my tools there)
    3) 2019 Mojo should come with the following upfront:
    a. 700 lbs in floor upfront
    b. 500 lbs IBS under seat

The Exactfits made a big difference over the stock 900 rears. I wanted to install some mesh cargo nets above my rear bags for life jackets and wet accessories as you probably get about 8" space above bags in rear lockers.

I found that i rarely needed more weight upfront if all 1200 lbs was full. If anything I would have to drain some of the front bags to get optimal pitch on my 2019.
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

thanks. i do have a heater. it sounds like i need to find a place to store my anchor. i have the storage bin above the motor so i will move some of my ropes and other stuff to the starboard side. i have nets in each rear locker that hold my fenders.

2019 Moomba Mojo

Yes, I run with about a 400/400# weight distribution with the lead. I made my own lead weights and they vary a bit (1-3#) which is why I say “about” when I refer to the weight of the lead. With a big crew I still have to move some of the heavier bodies to the bow to achieve a desired pitch of 8.5-9.5. You will need to upgrade the panel divider braces or they will be popping out all the time. Wakemakers offers an affordable kit that was a breeze to install. I also recommend the vent upgrade that Wakemakers offers. I don’t think you will find it on their site so just give them a call and let them know what you need and they will put together a quote for you. I would suggest asking for a pair of 90 degree barbed fittings and four worm clamps as I find that the T fitting that get installed on the OEM vent hose gets bent at an angle when the bags are full. I may have installed a part incorrectly but it seemed pretty straight forward so not much to mess up on. You will need to upgrade your prop as well if you plan to add this much ballast. My ACME with a 13” pitch works great on my small lake but lowered my top speed significantly down to 32mph. I think a 13.9” pitch would still perform well when the boat is weighted and give a bit more top end. Other than the link in the vent hose, I love my set up. There are some high dollar boats that I have surfed behind or the owners have surfed mine and all have preferred my wave. I have seen many owners, or their kids, blown away by wave and disappointed in their far more expensive wave. Not saying that their boats couldn’t produce as good or better wave, it just comes down to set up. If you don’t have Autowake I highly recommend downloading a free inclinometer app. Just turn it on and set your phone on the floor below your feet. It takes all the guess work away. Just move your crew around to hit your desired pitch and roll and leave your bags 100% full. -1 degree roll for regular (60% surf plate) and 3 degrees for goofy (70-75% surf plate) will get you really close. Once you get here you can fine tune the wave to your rider’s liking without resorting to lots of plate or draining bags to get a good wave. With small riders under 100# you will want to run 100% Center plate and bump the speed up. This will give the little ones a really long wave with decent push that they can ride 20-25’ behind the boat so they can concentrate on learning to ride and not worry as much about staying in a sweet spot. Lots to unpack here so feel free to ask questions. So many knowledgeable people on this forum that can help.
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop