Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trailer lights

Default trailer lights

Do you guys unplug your trailer lights before you back into the water?
    "You spend most of your life, looking for the adult that you are... then you spend the rest of your life looking for the child that you were."
    98 boomerang sold
    04 outback lsv

normaly yes , but lately no only because i have full LED lighiting which will not burn out. if you have regular bulbs ALWAYS unplug the lights so the hot bulb to cold water dosent burn or in some cases blow up the bulb.
    2010 Outback, minor upgrades and a whole bunch of family fun. Lets Ride

Never unplugged on any trailer, never burned a light. Besides if you unplug on a boatmate disc brake trailer with the A60 actuator your brakes lock unkess you use the manual lockout.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Never unplugged on any trailer, never burned a light. Besides if you unplug on a boatmate disc brake trailer with the A60 actuator your brakes lock unkess you use the manual lockout.
    I always unplug my lights when I back down the ramp into the water. it is such an easy simple thing to do just to make sure there are no problems i can not think of a reason not to do it.

If you unplug on a down hill boat ramp there should not be any pressure on the tongue to apply the trailer brakes...unless you have to back up a ramp to get to water...which doesnt make a lot of sense
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Same as Razzman! Never had a problem

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I also never unplug, didn't know it was something to even think about. My trailer is all LED also. I have yet to have to replace anything.
    2013 Outback V

Nope i dont unplug anot only because there LED, because all the newer trailers are water proof lighting.

Lastly with my rock guard on the truck one of the nice freatures is not only is my 7plug connector locked in with the flap to hold the plug in, its a really tight fit behind my rock guard and is frankly a pain to plug and unplug lol.

Last summer i was using the standard 5pin to 7 pin adaptor when going on the camping trip to meet Al, Streetch, and some others and wouldnt you know it, the 5pin came undone, dragging on the ground and i find this out at the worst possible moment. As i make the last minute turn into the camping ground where i need to back up slightly to make this sharp turn and nope no back up. I find the plug undone, and only the reverse prong was damaged. It blocked the entire campsite entrance lol. I did enventurly hot wire the back up switch but it took a good 20 minutes of looking for the by pass plug for the trailer, then saying F this and pulling out my plyers.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I never unplug my trailer before it hits the water, any of them for that matter. LED or not. My moomba trailer is a combination of LED and standard bulbs. They get changed to LED as they burn out. Before someone says its cause of the cold water, I doubt it, its cause the trailer is 8 yrs old. Also dont unplug because I need the brake release.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I always unplug my lights when I back down the ramp into the water. it is such an easy simple thing to do just to make sure there are no problems i can not think of a reason not to do it.

If you unplug on a down hill boat ramp there should not be any pressure on the tongue to apply the trailer brakes...unless you have to back up a ramp to get to water...which doesnt make a lot of sense
    Like I said, I can't think of one to do it.
    2007 Mobius LSV

never unplug the boat cause the lights on my rig, i do have a jetski trailer that is not led and the lights are not sealed and the lights pop every time I forget to unplug.....