Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prop question

Default Prop question

When I bought my boat I was told it had a "wakeboard" prop. I never payed much attention untill I found this wonderful website. So I looked at it and I currently have the 13.7x17.5 OJ Prop.

Now I know everyone says to get the Acme 1433, Its 14x14.25 I believe. I just want someone to confirm I am upgrading to a much better Launch out of the water.

Thanks

I have an 06 outback V

Quote Originally Posted by morgan040 View Post
    When I bought my boat I was told it had a "wakeboard" prop. I never payed much attention untill I found this wonderful website. So I looked at it and I currently have the 13.7x17.5 OJ Prop.

Now I know everyone says to get the Acme 1433, Its 14x14.25 I believe. I just want someone to confirm I am upgrading to a much better Launch out of the water.

Thanks

I have an 06 outback V
    Definitely more launch , although you will lose a little top end
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

I don't think the 13.7 x 17.5 is a wakboard prop.

I was under the impession the wakeboard prop was the OJ 14.25x14.0.

That's what was on a brand new 2008 Supra when I purchased my boat in 2008. I wanted the upgraded prop so they removed it from the Supra and put it on my boat.

BTW. You will notice a HUGE difference in holeshot.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Used my new Acme 1433 for the first time this weekend. It's like night and day. You will not be disappointed. The hole shot is unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by morgan040 View Post
    You got the stock prop, not what Moomba had tagged as the upgraded "wakeboard" prop. I.e. someone lied to you. Sorry to have to break it to you, but it's going to cost you to upgrade.

Your prop has a pitch of 17.5". The "wakeboard" prop at that time would have had a pitch at or just over 14" like the others that you'll see members recommend on this board.

At least your stock prop will be a passable backup in case you damage an upgraded one.

Yes, it makes a major difference. I started with the stock prop after the dealer gave me bad advice and said that the upgraded prop was really only for high elevations. Bunk! The stock prop was okay on my XLV with the Gravity III ballast and a small crew, but bogged down when trying to start when heavily loaded. An upgraded prop completely fixes this.

You will have to re-learn how to use a lighter touch for starts after an upgrade. When lightly loaded, the boat will have essentially no lag for acceleration! It's kind of funny how instantly it accelerates -- it's like a toy electric RC vehicle. Make sure that people and gear are secure the first couple of times, because anything that isn't will hit the floor or the water.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Default Acme 1847

Why doesn't anyone talk about the Acme 1847? This link describes its use.
    http://www.wakeprops.com/wakeboard-b...oat-propellers

it looks like the only difference in them is the cup...what does that mean? lol
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by ORboatpilot View Post
    Why doesn't anyone talk about the Acme 1847? This link describes its use.
    http://www.wakeprops.com/wakeboard-b...oat-propellers
    The question is: Who really cares about top speed?

I think my boat has gone full-out three times in the past three years for less than 20 seconds. lol

I spend most my time at 9-24mph. (wakesurfing/wakeboarding)
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Default prop issues

my prop I think is the original for my 2004 XLV, or at least with a few minor reshapes on it
    i am having to replace it now and Eric from OJ is suggesting that the 13 X 13 Lc 1" FORCE 4-blade is the blade for me?
    can anyone confirm if this is correct, or is this just going back to a stock prop again?
    or can anyone else recommend others and who to get it from.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LyndonH Dubai View Post
    my prop I think is the original for my 2004 XLV, or at least with a few minor reshapes on it
    i am having to replace it now and Eric from OJ is suggesting that the 13 X 13 Lc 1" FORCE 4-blade is the blade for me?
    can anyone confirm if this is correct, or is this just going back to a stock prop again?
    or can anyone else recommend others and who to get it from.
    thanks
    Not sure why he would recommend a 13x13 prop. I would definitely go 14x14 instead. You have an XLV so there is lots of clearance.