Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mattyg06 View Post
    Does the bimini go in front of the tower speakers? I am a bit concerned about the height clearance if I get one of these.
    check out the Monster install thread for some pics of how different people have mounted this bimini for ideas.

Thanks for the advice Drew. Ben just turned 3 months (he was 6 weeks premature, but doing great). We are worried about too much sun exposure and overheating. I guess with the Bimini he should be pretty safe from the sun, though the water reflection might reach him. Did you put any type of protectant on your son? I know they don't recommend for babies under 6 months.

As for the swing, I had the same idea...but the wife wasn't too keen on the idea
    2008 Outback V

I used speaker clamps, and the bimini sits under the speakers I have.
    2019 Moomba Makai
    2015 Moomba Mojo(sold)
    2011 Axis A22
    2006 Honda arx1200
    2006 Moomba Lsv
    2008 Moomba XLV gravity edition

Bob, glad to hear the little man is doing great!

Having the lake house will be a huge benefit as you can limit the time in the sun, but the bimini will be great too. The Monster really provides a lot of shade, especially by the Captain & Observer's seats.

I think my wife bought some special, baby sunscreen that was around 4 times the amount of regular sunscreen. I didn't argue, as it was a small price to pay to be out on the lake with the family.

we had our baby out at about 7 weeks. She rides in her car seat and you can adjust the hood on the seat to cover up the little one.
    Now that she is a little stronger we put her in a bouncy thing, technical term, that I hang from the bimini and she loves it. Only thing is you have to watch her when you take off. She likes to swing but the misses doesnt like it very much.
    REALLY????

Drew and 11, what did you do about a life vest for the little one...have them in a vest in the car seat ? Thanks for all of the advice, really appreciate it. Sorry for kind of hijacking the thread, no more baby questions from me in this thread.
    2008 Outback V

found a neoprene one online that had a pillow-type headrest. probably still have it at the lake. used it little, so let me know if you'd like it and I'll send it your way.

Thanks Drew, but no worries. We got one from someone at work, not nice neoprene but I think it will do the trick. Again, really appreciate the advice/help/offers.
    2008 Outback V

Keep the little one shaded, dont crank the music as there ears are sensative, dont strap them into the car seat-if the worst were to happen that little life jacket wont hold there face up out of the water with the car seat dragging them down.

my .02
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Well, I just purchased the Bimini, now to decide to drill or use clamps.
    2008 Outback V