Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy 2011 Mobius LSV died with 12 hours on it

It saddens me to make this post as I am home 2 days early because my 2011 mobius died on the water. Hoping anyone has any ideas - taking it to dealer tuesday after the holiday

Basically we've got about 12 hours on brand new 2011 - had it out twice since winter, first time out ran like a champ. Yesterday we took it out on water - bout 70 degree day. Running just fine for about 45 minutes, we were cruising at about 6-7 MPH on perfectly flat water. Then boat just dies in gear, from that point on it never will turn over, checked all fuses could find, made sure kill switch wasn't tripped. Ended up getting towed in, in front of about 200 other boats...

Any thoughts?

Did you check the battery cable connections? Sounds like something came disconnected from your description. You said the kill switch was ok, so I'd look battery next. You may want to double check the kill switch though - look at it from the backside of the panel. Being a new boat, one of the wires could have jiggled loose, in effect "tripping" the kill switch. Just a thought. Whatever it is, I hope it's something simple and you get back on the water asap.
    Current: 2010 LSV
    Previous: 2007 Outback

That sucks bad! My first boat had about 18 hrs on it and the fuel pump died. It was the Friday on a long weekend..... I know your pain....

Doesnt appear to be a lack of power, stereo works, motor tries to turn but never catches.. I think the killswitch is working because when I pull the cord it wont even attempt to turn over - once i put it back it starts to try and turn again. We reset the battery cables while on water - took off and reattached. Still no luck

so it crank but wont start? check spark. if you have spark then it is a fuel problem. its a brand new boat so i am going to assume that compression is not a cause. this is what warranties are for.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

One thing to note not sure if relevant. I run 2 batteries with 1/2 switch... Regardless if I am on 1,2 or all same behavior.
    Last edited by 2011mobWA; 05-29-2011 at 09:41 PM.

you might want to check to make sure the connections of the sensors on the engine are secure. that happened when my boat was at about 50 hours(it is now at almost 200 and running like a champ). its no big deal, just a minor little set back. but definitely check that before you take it to the dealer because they'll charge you a ridiculous fee to do just do a little soldering. or(not to be a downer but...) there could be a problem with the internal computer. that would be bad. very pricey. but i wish you good luck and i hope its minor.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    you might want to check to make sure the connections of the sensors on the engine are secure. that happened when my boat was at about 50 hours(it is now at almost 200 and running like a champ). its no big deal, just a minor little set back. but definitely check that before you take it to the dealer because they'll charge you a ridiculous fee to do just do a little soldering. or(not to be a downer but...) there could be a problem with the internal computer. that would be bad. very pricey. but i wish you good luck and i hope its minor.
    seeing how his boat is a 2011 i would hope the dealer would not charge him anything...
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    seeing how his boat is a 2011 i would hope the dealer would not charge him anything...
    I was thinking the same thing :P

There is a master resettable fuse on the back (transom) side of your engine. I believe it's a 30 or 40 amp. Mine was faulty and would trip at will. After chasing this ghost of an issue for a LONG time, the fix was a $1 or less fuse. They swapped the resettable with a standard slow blow fuse, and no issues since.

This is probably not your problem, as mine would just trip killing the motor, guages, etc and then restart. It would always restart; as a matter of fact I'd never have to manually restart as it would just momentarily die, all gauges would "zero out", and then it would come back on resuming exactly where it was. What caused me to include this in this thread was you mentioned the stereo kept working. Mine did as well, all the accessory switches stayed hot. It was just the main power to the engine and gauges that would be interrupted.

Again I don't suspect this is your issue, but I figured I'd throw it out there simply because it took my dealer, Skier's Choice, and Indmar close to a year to figure this one out.
    Last edited by TL7; 05-29-2011 at 10:01 PM.
    Current: 2010 LSV
    Previous: 2007 Outback