Thread: Moomba Mufflers

Default Moomba Mufflers

Good afternoon - I have a 2000 Moomba Outback that is leaking in a significant amount of water through the mufflers......one of the options my marina has given me is to remove the mufflers completely. Is this a wise choice? Is the noise without the mufflers significant (will I get all my neighbors ticked at me?) or will I notice much of a difference?

I would be all about taking the mufflers out of my boat if I didn't jam tunes at unnecessarily volume levels while i wake board. I think at idle and slow speeds while the exhaust is under the water line it will be fine. however once you speed up and the exhaust is no longer submerged it might be substantially louder
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Removing the muffler will definitely make the boat louder. not as much at idle but once on plane or close to it, the noise will be totally different. you need to weigh the pros and cons.
    you will need to buy some sort of connector from the riser to the outlet
    you will loose back pressure to the motor, may effect warranty
    you might gain some performance

why not just repair the factory muffler, its made of fiberglass....
    REALLY????

How much does a muffler really effect back pressure? I mean it is just some baffles to cancel out sound waves. I would totally run straight pipes in mine if i could still hear music while boarding lol
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Doogle View Post
    Good afternoon - I have a 2000 Moomba Outback that is leaking in a significant amount of water through the mufflers......one of the options my marina has given me is to remove the mufflers completely. Is this a wise choice? Is the noise without the mufflers significant (will I get all my neighbors ticked at me?) or will I notice much of a difference?
    check out the how to section , I just posted a how to thread on muffler repair. may or may not work for you http://www.supraboats.com/bbs/showth...hlight=muffler
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

I thought about replacing my last fall when I had to get my mufflers fixed. Re-searched quite a bit and no problem running straight pipe (if that's what you want?) Reason I didn't is because at speed the boat is loud enough for me!

If it were only to make it louder for the rest of the lake to hear - I would have done it! But to try and carry a conversation or hear music it just didn't seem appropriate.

Ended up sending mine back to UltraMarine and had them rework them!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet