Hybrid View

Default Outback V Bimini Mod - Short Rear Poles

I finally got my bimini mod done. I think it tuned out pretty good.

The tubes are 2 1/2" long. I don't own a fancy crimper, so I used #8 stainless screws. I drilled and tapped holes for the screws in the tower.

I bought the rail mount hinges from Gander Mountain / Overtons and modified them.

I placed a sheet of 40 grit sand paper around a 1 1/4" piece of PVC pipe. The O.D. of the pipe measures about 1 5/8". I rough sanded until I got close, and finished up with some fine sand paper. I cleaned the burrs with a knife.

The nice thing about it is that I can leave the bimini fully attached, and still fold my tower forward.

I don't get it.

What is the advantage to this mod?
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

No rear straps, no flopping around bimini, two hands to put cover on, and head protection from my future Exiles.

Awesome! Do I see a mod front poles in the near future?

I too despise straps on the bimini, well done Sir, well done indeed!
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Nice! Great idea molding the brace points to fit tthe tower.

PWI as usual...

I competely forgot about those straps.

My boat has been in storage since October so I almost forget what she looks like. lol
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.