Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Well, well well. The boat is done!

We also have two inches of snow on the ground but all the accoutrements are installed and we are ready to roll.

We are going to roll from his storage building to mine but heck, we’re rolling.

I’m going to leave it winterized and go out for the introductory spin when it actually warms up. This weather is the pits.

Since ordering the boat I have clandestinely added or ordered a stereo upgrade, a strainer, three new tow ropes, new anchor, new anchor rope, new anchor chain, new wakeboard and bindings, wake skateboard, wake surf board, new neoprene suit for wife & kids, 4 dock bumpers, color coordinated dock ropes, color coordinated stretchy temporary dock ropes, first aid kit, color coordinated boat dolly, color coordinated can cozies, and four new color coordinated life jackets.

Look out Martha Stewart.

Think the wife will notice all this stuff as it appears on the boat?

Is there anything else I might have missed?
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

Default Replying to Topic 'Well, well well. The boat is done!'

smokedog

yes the most important item for a boat a tool kit. besides the wrenches,screwdrivers,sockets,pliers,cutters ,allen wrench sets all sizes and such. Zip ties,12 volt tester,fuses,hose clamps assorted sizes, a few small pieces of wire with wire connectors and such,fuel filter, a spare t stat is always good with the proper gaskets and most important an spare impellar and spare gaskets for it.also i would get an extra set of tower bolts and assorted stainless screws and bolts and replacement bulbs for bow and anchor lights. a few bottles of heet are also good in case of water in gas. One must not forget the most important item duct tape. Dont get me started on the spare binding locks, screws,different size wakeboard fins and such I carry. hope it helps.

chris
    CS

For God's sake, be sure the toolbox matches the boat......

Geez, brand new $40,000 boat and first think anyone thinks I need is a tool kit.

How about sun tan lotion, a camera, or a new set of color coordinated Oakley’s!

I suppose next you’ll want to add a leg, arm, and neck splint.

SD2

P.S. Good idea. Do they make a red one?

smokedog
    not trying to insult you or your new boat. just a true understanding of murphys law. by the way my boat tool box is black to match mine . I think a very important upgrade you should do is a dual battery system with a perko or the like transfer switch its a great piece of mind . the install is very straight forward and you can run your stereo for extended times without the fear of not being able to restart.

chris

ps. on my delievery test ride / checklist my fuel pump died still attached to the dock. i dont like murphy!!

pps. gator grip to match the boat. transom protecter so wakeboards and skis dont ding the back also on the sides so you dont slip going in or out of boat. i did black and white.great stuff its a must.
    CS

smokedog

The tool box is not for your boat its for all the other folks that you will probably need to help. Seriously though the tool box is a good idea. I owned an 01 Outback LS and now have a Supra 22 SSV. have never had to turn a wrench when on the water,but have offered help to quite a few other folks on the water. Enjoy the boat!

The bigger question is what she gonna say when she see's the bill!!!
    Where did you get the gator grip??

Aquaholic
    2005 Moomba 23 XLV
    340 HP, Clarion 5 HU, 2 Clarion wired digital remotes, 2 Wetsounds 485's, 6 Wetsounds XS 650's, 1 JL 12w6 Sub, 1 Wetsound WS420, 2 JL 300/2amps, 1 Wetsounds Sync 4 amp, 1 JL 500/1 amp. Teak swim platform, Perfect pass. Flip up Bow Light, Chrome tower Nav Light, Chrome thru hulls, Black Bimini, 2 750 Flyhigh bags, 1100 center Flyhigh bag, Acme 1235 14.25 x 14.5 prop, Dual battery system. Evolution Cover. Chrome Blower Vent Covers.

Just funin ya, no insult taken.

Yes, Murphy is a close personal friend of mine as well. Dead at the dock, wow, that had to be embarrassing for the dealer.

Yes, I have towed others off the water. I once almost got a ticket for not having the orange distress flag. As she was pulling out her citation book I told her, ya know I’ve pulled three people off this lake so far this year and none of them were waving any flags. The last guy was paddling with a boat seat and I was able to deduce all by myself he was in distress. She laughed and I got off with a warning.

I pulled some other folks off one morning in the fog. They had gotten lost in the fog the night before catfish fishing and ran out of gas roaming around.
    Note to self – add color coordinated compass.

Aquaholic has the right issues:

1.The bill – a little every month so nothing spikes out
    2.Where do I get gator grip

Is it Friday yet?

SD2

smokedog, aquaholic

I took it in stride when it died right after i started it. I seem to have a long personel history with fuel pumps on anything I own. as for as gator grip their website is
    www.wakejunky.com I love the stuff they shipped right away and very easy to deal with.
    a little tip when it comes time to cut it have many sharp blades to work with.

chris

ps. i was much braver than you guys i admitted what i was doing to the boss and figured i probably only get away with this once and stocked all toys and upgrades.

smokedog i hope you got red and white neoprene matching vests.
    CS

For a truly pimped out look, you might consider some discreetly placed LED lighting in the boat's interior for night runs. You can tuck a few red ones out of sight and wire them to your running light switch. Looks awesome after dark.....makes the inside of the boat glow, and you can see everything so no one trips. My boat is yellow but I went with turquoise lighting 'cause I thought the yellow lights looked kinda gross. If I was more mechanically inclined I would have added them to my tower, facing down like a car dome light. Just a thought.....

Brian