Thread: HSE tach wire

Default HSE tach wire

I finally got around to installing my HS E that I got from Earmark marine but I cannot find the tack wire to splice into. Tried all the wires on the back of my rpm gauge but no luck. Does anyone know where this wire is , what colour it is that I need to splice the grey one into. Thanks
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Subscribing.

I want to purchase an HSE also and will need to do the same procedure.

I sent a PM to David @ EarmarkMarine and he said

Sorry, HSE has been out of the volume control business for quite a long time now. Look over the Watersport Innovtions Boost Box product on our site's store. That is the current offering and a very good product.
    The only issue with that is I do not like how long it takes for the BoostBox to turn the volume down once you get off throttle. The HSE seems alot more consistant.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

If I recall, my tach only had 2 Wires off of it, With one of them being grey, exactly like the grey wire from the hse.

My gauges are all digital so maybe I have find the wire before it goes to the dash computer module?
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

After some searching it looks like i just need to splice into the perfect pass #9 rpm wire from the engine harness. almost seems too easy

http://www.perfectpass.com/troublesh...a2007-2008.pdf

But the Moombas may still be analog with their gauges and not digital?
    Last edited by DOCDRS; 05-26-2011 at 12:18 AM.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

Doug

Keep in mind that we do have the module that converts the alternator rpm to the identical speed pulse that's needed. We've used this for navigation systems forever and more recently for HSE volume controls. It works flawlessly and is a super quick install. Its just your back up plan when and if its needed. At the first sign of having trouble identifying the correct wire we have always gone to our local boat dealer or the boat manufacturer. The info has been easy to procure from one of these sources in every case.

David
    Earmark Marine

Talked with Doug Childres at S.C. and he set me strait as also the boys at Perfect Pass.......basically my Supra is nothing like your moombas....... medallion mdc integrated perfect pass....no under dash analog rpm wires but doug told me where to find one.......I could tell you moomba boys but then I might have to sink ya
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

Doug

Oh Goose, if ya get your hands on one you should have no probs installing it....lucky duck you
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

Doug

I ended up calling Indmar today and with their tech help found the tach wire I needed. I had to pick it up at the engine to boat harness at the engine and run a wire from the engine up to the helm. Running the wire was easy and I could just feed it into the boat connector as the the engine tachj wire isn't used by anything. I will shoot a video of the install and post it later.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

Doug