Default Aerial Wakeboarding products- what's up that that?

last year I got an aerial tower mirror and arm that came complete with a "5 year warranty" I put it in quotes because toward the end of last year the bushing that holds the mirror in place broke. When I contacted the company in March Mike told me to contact him in May- which I did. Sent him the pics below of the broken part. He said I could order a new part and since it's under warranty it would only be $29.99. Huh? what kind of warranty is that? This reminds me of one of my favorite lines from Tommy Boy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

That makes no sense.

Warranty = free replacement unless the damage was caused by the owner.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

$29.99 for a 5 cent piece of plastic?!

Why would they even want to risk a bad reputation over such a cheap part? Beyond belief...

I would kindly remind him that word travels fast these days and poor customer service will eventually put you out of business.

thats BS

Sounds like Warrenty means you pay cost but not for free..
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Warranty only means whatever it says on the warranty page. Sometimes it's just cost or cost plus shipping. Sometimes it's labor or parts but not both. You have to factor in warranty policies when you compare prices on stuff. On the other hand, if you are telling us the "cost" of that piece of plastic is $29.95 I wouldn't buy anything from them ever again, warranty or not.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I bought the mirror last year too, and I love it. No problems with mine yet. I'll make sure I don't tighten those screws on the back too tight after seeing this though... Not saying you did, I just want to make sure i don't. I know they were too loose when I got it and I had to tighten them for it to stay in place better.
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

yeah we use it to ski and to get it to hold I had to tighten it a bit- but I think that plastic just got brittle

I'm thinking of trying to find a different mirror that can fit on the arm

I've been trying to find the tommy boy clip but here's the closest I could come up with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69T8remjY5s
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float