Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ron you scared the hell out of me with the first pick of your sub box. I was like WTF theres no bottom LOL.

I like the finished product looks 1Kxs better man lol.

Install is looking really nice man.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Ron you scared the hell out of me with the first pick of your sub box. I was like WTF theres no bottom LOL.
    Had to mock it up to make sure everything fit together before cutting the sides. Big problem is that I've got 2 subs and they both wouldn't fit under the console. Got to figure out where to put the other one.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm thinking of building new structure and putting it behind the drivers seat.
    past---------------2003 Outback SOLD
    present------------2006 Supra Launch 21V

Ron

Default Finially done

Took forever to finish, but here are the final shots. Just need to get the boat in the water now.

Ron

Nice looking set up Ron really nice man.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Ron - Nice. Wish you lived closer. You could help me add a sub to my 2007 Outback. How does it sound? Is the additional base noticeable? Could you power the speaker from the existing amp or was it absolutely necessary to install a second amp just for the sub? - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    Ron - Nice. Wish you lived closer. You could help me add a sub to my 2007 Outback. How does it sound? Is the additional base noticeable? Could you power the speaker from the existing amp or was it absolutely necessary to install a second amp just for the sub? - Deerfield
    Both amps were already with the boat when I bought it. They were just sitting on the floor under the passenger seat, along with the sub.

Sub sounds tons better because it's in the open now.

I guess you might be able to connect the sub to the primary amp but I doubt that it would sound any good. The primary amp has "cutoff frequency" controls. What that means is that the frequencies that feed the sub would be cut out of the outputs that the sub would be connected to. Therefore, unfortunately, a secondary "sub amp" is required.

I think there should be some "hybrid" amps available, which would have outputs for the primary speakers and the sub.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    If you only want to run one amp, you could do it with a 5 channel like the Kicker zx700.5. You could your six cabin speakers with channels 1-4, and the sub with the 5th channel. Be sure to get a dual voice coil sub. And yes, it will definitely be noticeable.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV