Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery Setup

Default Battery Setup

What battery setup do you guys have for your stereo? I am have read alot on wakeworld but batteries are a complicated subject when you factor in play volume, RMS, battery discharge rate, amp hour rating, amp efficiencies etc...

I am considering putting 3 Napa BAT 8231s for approximately 300 Amp Hours. I hope this will allow me to run a 3300 watts RMS system for 5 hours at 60% volume with efficient gear.

Battery Link
    Last edited by bhowell; 05-19-2011 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Added Battery Link

Now I'm thinking 4 Optima Blue Tops but they sure are expensive...

I went with two Group 29 marine lead acid batteries from Walmart rated 125AH each. At $85 per battery and an 18 month free replacement warranty, it's definitely lots of bang for your buck.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Optima equals overrated battery. Look into Deka Seamate batteries. I currently have 3 in my boat 1200 watt system (all JL Audio amps).

if it's a true 3300 watt system from high end components, I would think you would need more than what you are looking at.
    da man's recommendation, or suck it up and put in 6v golf cart batteries in series/parallel.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I created a battery thread a few months back with tons of helpful info. I ended up with two of the costco batteries. 6v was my initial plan, but costco actually worked better as far as size and amp hours.

I'm too afraid of the Lead Acid in the boat and I prefer maintenance free. I looked at the Deka's but the stereo shop guys are pushing the Blue Tops hard. They aren't getting a cut on them as I'm buying and delivering the batteries. I'm just want something dependable that plays for hours on end.

There's nothing wrong with lead acid in a boat, in all the years boating I've never had an issue or heard of anyone having one. Optima batteries are not all that, yea they're good batteries but there are cheap alternativea that are just as good imo.
    2007 Mobius LSV

^second that whole post
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by bhowell View Post
    I'm too afraid of the Lead Acid in the boat ....
    I'm pretty sure that every new wakeboat of every brand comes from the factory with a lead acid battery. Just sayin'.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV