Talking Got my new trailer today

Upgraded from a single axle painted to a tandem axle aluminum. Thing tows like a dream even in the 20-30mph headwind on the way home. So far I love it.

I do have a question for you guys with tandems. I'm having a tough time getting it perfectly level. In the pic below, it seemed a little high at the tongue, and when backing into my driveway it scraped just a tad on the prop guard. I flipped the hitch over so the ball was lower to raise the rear a bit. This made it just a bit low on the tongue. I believe it's a 2" drop hitch, so I guess I need to look for a 1". Until then, is it better to have the front high or low? Seems like either puts extra stress on one of the axles, but which is the lesser of two evils? It's a very slight angle either way, and maybe I'm just being paranoid with a new trailer. Thoughts?

On to the pictures....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Current: 2010 LSV
    Previous: 2007 Outback

On a related note...if anyone in the Houston area needs a spare (or 2), I have a wheel and tire, and a tire alone with no wheel. The tire is a Trail America 225/75/15 (came on the Boatmate trailer), and the tire/wheel combo is a Supreme ST225/75/15 Load Range D. I picked up the rim at Discount Tire (same lug pattern as original wheels) and I have no idea where the tire came from, but it's only been used once. Make me an offer and come get em.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Current: 2010 LSV
    Previous: 2007 Outback

Boat and trailer looks great!

I am in Houston as well and I usually go riding with rdlangston at Trinity. Come join us sometime.

Cody

TL the first pc the trailer is way to fare tilted towards the rear.

3rd pic looks a lot better.

Its better to have a slight tilt towards the truck then away from it. Ideal is to have the traielr exactly level on a tandem but you gotta do what ya gotta do.

They make small steel rollers for the prop guard for the trailers, i have small studs on mine to protect ir from dragging and i have seen on Supra and Malibu actualy rollers, AWS was going to install some if i needed them but i end up with about 1/2 to 3/4 inch clearence when i back up my drive way right now.

Other wise trailer looks great man. Wish i was closer as i could use the spare tire but i have a rim.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

the 3rd pic looks ok. there are hitch receivers with 0 drop or rise
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I have a 04 Tahoe and I run mine with a straight hitch. It runs really level for me.

-Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

With or without the drop, it seems that the whole trailer is too low. Almost like the springs don't have enough lift for the weight of the boat.

that new trailer looks pretty sick Taft, i might hit you up for information on it. just hard to replace a seized up caliper on my boat mate.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD