Thread: Gauge problems!

Default Gauge problems!

I want to upgrade my gauges on my 01 outback LS. I bought gauges for the boat but can not get them to work. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

I think you'll need to be a little more specific and provide some more information. It could be anything.

Are you using factory replacements, or aftermarket?
    If factory, are you sure you ordered for the correct year/model?
    If aftermarket, did you replace all of the sending units/sensors?
    Did you try to replace them all at once, or one at a time?
    Do the gauges light up with the Nav lights?

If you replaced all of the gauges and nothing works at all I'd imagine that what you replaced them with isn't a 'plug and play' replacement, which means you could be looking at spending an eternity figuring out proper wiring for them.
    2013 Outback V

i bought the gauges from greatlakeskipper.com which are moomba gauges but i believe they are for a newer model boat than my 2000. i have ran a wire directly from the sending units to the gauges and still nothin. the guy from moomba told me that that should work but still no luck. and no they will not light up at all.

Most gauges require a ground. I would look at seeing if theres a ground wire on the back and if not then you will need to use the bracket on the back of the gauge as the threaded rode from the back of your gauge is most likly an internal ground.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

The lights are on a separate circuit, so I'd almost guarantee that its a ground issue. Good call Mike.
    2013 Outback V