Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Got Tunes?? Round #2

Ive been toying with the idea of taking my system to the next level and that is all out insane man. Brain at Exile has made this is a little possible since he sold my amp racks right out from under me lol.

In return i have upgraded my Sub amp and this has been a waterfall effect to redo the entire system.

I was running the Xi 1500.1 and i will now be running the Xi 2500.1.
    I currently run the Big 12. As i understand it with my Big 12 Brian said he had it made specifically for my application as it has much larger VC winding and magnet. Same as the Big 15 infact so this will allow it to handle the 2500.1

A couple of people have been asking how I make the amp racks and install them so i got some pics to share and feel free to PM me or email me and i will answer anything you want to know.

Please see my Signature links for the stereo i was running and how it looked. These will be from tear out to rebuild and complete.

This set of pics is off my cell and the faded look is actually my phone flash glaring off the boat

The main cause upgrade to Xi 2500.1 its larger then my last amp and wouldn't fit my rack anyhow.

Pulled first amp rack out it held the Xi 800.4 and Xi 1500.1

All cleaned up
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

More pics of the cubby cleaned out. The white block you see is how i mount my racks to the boat. I don't trust drilling into the side of the boat blind.

I made mounting blocks and attached those to the lower foot rail and then again at the center weld where the rub rail is screwed into the boat. This way i have a much larger target to drill into.

I was able to get some templates made for the new racks and hope to get them made tomorrow but i will post more pics once i make some decent progress.

All the stuff i pulled out that was mostly all hidden.
    Last edited by mmandley; 03-03-2011 at 10:16 PM.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

i like the sun screen in the cup holder
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I like the banner behind the boat and any new method of hanging an amp rack ( found to be tough in the small compartments on a open bow comp)
    '90 Supra Conbrio

thanks for sharing Mike. Im amazed at how much work it takes to install this stuff-And to have to remove, replace, redo has got to be worse
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I wont be around to post the final pictures of this up. You can see the final pics and such on my Facebook site or PM me or Email me and ill keep you up to date.

The big changes this to this are

New amp racks to accommodate the Xi2500 sub amp.
    Racks are made from Mirrored Plexiglass.
    New Digital readout Power Distribution Block
    Addition of Million Light LEDS to the cubby. These basically fade from 1 color to the next and then again threw a full color spectrum.
    White LEDs on a switch to light the cubby up when needing things or working in there.
    White LEDS in the Engine bay area to allow better sight when working in the engine area.
    White LEDS to the Rear Lockers to add in seeing in those areas.
    6Pack on the tower
    Tower - New Pair of XM7s with all the new upgrades since mine were the First Gen production model.
    2 Pairs of SXTQs quick release SXT speaker.
    Rewire tower to hide all wires no its seamless looking
    Removed and had the windshield retinted due to some imperfections in the original tine job
    Strip and repaint the windshield frame due to peeling.

Ill have a couple U Tube videos and posting on my Facebook as this gets finished, as Always check out the Exile home page Fierah is always front and center.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Heres the most recent stereo updates.

I was pretty bummed after drilling more then 30 holes and cutting these plexiglass out of the sheet of stock i had with no issues my very last hole to drill breaks off a peace.

Heres the rack for the 2500.1 sub amp and the 1K Harpoon amp.

The chunk that broke off. I think ill take some vynal strip and place it on the bottom to cover this up. I was able to hot glue it back in place.

The rack looks really scratched and faded but thats the protective cover. Under that is a mirror.

The reason i have to redo the entire set up. The 2500 wont fit where the 1500 was.

[COLOR="#696969"]

Looks nice Mike I cannot wait to see the updated pictures from when it is complete.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

lots of power
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Looking good, glad to see you updated this thread
    2013 Outback V