Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tower control

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    Hmmm, when would you need tower and sub with no cabins? Just asking.
    That's my party cove setting. Let's people hang out in the boat and still have a conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    I just installed the JL audio CL-RLC. Unlike the lc1 which is passive, the JL boosts the preamp signal to a healthy 7.5V. It has better specs than the kicker dual control as well.
    Al, it doesn't look like the CL-RLC gives you dual control. How do you work around that? I like the signal boost but wonder if you'd need two of them.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    That's my party cove setting. Let's people hang out in the boat and still have a conversation.
    That is what i do. I just use the fader on my clarion eq to do it. It works well for me.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Al, it doesn't look like the CL-RLC gives you dual control. How do you work around that? I like the signal boost but wonder if you'd need two of them.
    You are right, it does not have dual control. I personally don't like splitting one preout signal in two to feed to two amps when I already have three sets of 4V preouts from the head unit. So I use this on the Harpoon amp driving the tower only. I turn up the system volume with the head unit then can boost or completely mute the tower speakers depending on the situation. So if I am pulling a boarder or surfer, I can turn up the cabins and subs with the head unit volume to a comfortable level then further increase the tower speakers using the JL line driver remote knob. If we are cruising or just sitting and don't need the tower speakers, I can turn the knob all the way down to mute the tower speakers.
    Last edited by cab13367; 05-18-2011 at 05:02 PM.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Everybody has their own way of doing it. I'm still using the fader set about +4 clicks to rear for tower and sub. You can hear on the water and still almost hear people shouting at you in the boat. I just mute everything with the remote when I need to talk to anyone. So I'm considering the alternatives. Not sure yet though.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Everybody has their own way of doing it. I'm still using the fader set about +4 clicks to rear for tower and sub. You can hear on the water and still almost hear people shouting at you in the boat. I just mute everything with the remote when I need to talk to anyone. So I'm considering the alternatives. Not sure yet though.
    Kane,

That's how I used to do it. Problem is, I would forget to set the fader and would remember after I'm already pulling a boarder. Or the boarder/surfer wants it turned up mid pull and I don't want to blow out the peeps in the boat. This way, I can control it on the fly.

You're right tho - there are many ways to do this, some more convenient than others.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

well guys because of local availability I decided to try a pac lc-1 I am going to set the gain a bit higher or fade to the front if I don't like it set up that way then I am going to get the jl unit

I cant justify spending all that money for the hse and wetsound eq just to be able to turn the towers up and down

Thanks for all your input
    2007 Outback V

Did you look into the Krypt Eq? You can email Ken at bullet lines and see if he will extend the initial sale price to you. So far, I am more than thrilled with mine.

Kicker ZXM-RLC to control the tower and in-boat amps and then a sub control (most mono amp have these available from the sub amp manufacturer) or an RCA POT on the sub amp. 3 zone control!

Quote Originally Posted by c.rix View Post
    well guys because of local availability I decided to try a pac lc-1 I am going to set the gain a bit higher or fade to the front if I don't like it set up that way then I am going to get the jl unit

I cant justify spending all that money for the hse and wetsound eq just to be able to turn the towers up and down

Thanks for all your input
    I think you will be happy with this. I run a simular set up for my tower and for gaining, tune the tower how you normaly would, then tuen your PLC1 down to 75% and turn the amp gain up till its same level as when the PLC1 was at 100%,.

Now i would mark that 75% on the PLC1 and just tell anyone driving that if the stereo is at max volume the tower can only be at 75% other wise you risk blowing the speakers.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]