Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tower control

Default tower control

What are you guys using ???

my sub amp has a cord and dial so I can turn it down when needed I really would like to be able to do the same with the tower speakers also

Are the pac lc1's the only one out there

I know kicker has the dual zone but don't really need dual since the sub already has one built in
    2007 Outback V

Dual control is nice for controlling both the cabin and the tower independently. The Pac LC1's like you mentioned are one option. An EQ works nicely for me and gives ipod connectivity/control from the helm. Kicker and JL both have controllers as well.

ws 420 and hse all the way, there is no substitute, makes your life easier, its the perfect pass of sound control
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    ws 420 and hse all the way, there is no substitute, makes your life easier, its the perfect pass of sound control
    Exactly!!! If you want a great system you should give yourself the tools to easily control it. Plus I actually use the PA the WS420 has that no other offers.

I hope the next generation ws420 allows for independent sub control. That's what kept me away.

it does allow for some control of the sub.........I guess i don't need the whole boat pounding so I have been so pleased by the ws 420.......best 225 I ever spent
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by c.rix View Post
    What are you guys using ???

my sub amp has a cord and dial so I can turn it down when needed I really would like to be able to do the same with the tower speakers also

Are the pac lc1's the only one out there

I know kicker has the dual zone but don't really need dual since the sub already has one built in
    I just installed the JL audio CL-RLC. Unlike the lc1 which is passive, the JL boosts the preamp signal to a healthy 7.5V. It has better specs than the kicker dual control as well.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    it does allow for some control of the sub.........I guess i don't need the whole boat pounding so I have been so pleased by the ws 420.......best 225 I ever spent
    I'll second that. The current WS420 allows plenty of control over the sub unless you're a basshead that wants to only thump on your boat

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    I'll second that. The current WS420 allows plenty of control over the sub unless you're a basshead that wants to only thump on your boat
    Man if I ever heard someone playing bass only I'd laugh so hard!

No, what I'm talking about is running tower speakers and sub with no cabin speakers. When I was looking at EQs this was something the WS420 couldn't handle without some creative use of PAC controllers.

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Man if I ever heard someone playing bass only I'd laugh so hard!

No, what I'm talking about is running tower speakers and sub with no cabin speakers. When I was looking at EQs this was something the WS420 couldn't handle without some creative use of PAC controllers.
    Hmmm, when would you need tower and sub with no cabins? Just asking.