Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Same here.

Yep. The company contact information was on a sticker on the back of the panel on my boat. Realize that they are a manufacturing company that doesn't sell to individuals, but I found them to be very helpful and easy to work with. They needed me to order 5 at minimum and I had to get creative with creating a purchase order and how to pay them. It was worth it though.
    What was the cost / unit? I'll have to reach out to them, thanks for the info!
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    What was the cost / unit? I'll have to reach out to them, thanks for the info!
    I don't remember exactly but I think around $25 each, plus freight.

Great job Al, nice and clean!

What LED did you use to connect up for the ACR? I need to do the same.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Have you used this set-up with the engine running yet? I have a similar cord that I use to run video from my iPhone into the nav unit in my car - the issue I have is that when the car is running and I charge through USB I get terrible noise. The solution I found was to use the 110v charging block plugged into an inverter.
    I just bought a cable off Buy.com - on the review a person said there was a buzz when the ipod/phone battery was full and it was still plugged in to charge. Said they unplugged the usb side for charging and it went away and worked perfectly.

Thanks again for the ideas Al!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Put the label maker to work!

Looks good, I like how you integrated all the switches you could into the dash for a factory look.
    Yes, still have to make labels for the switch and the ACR LED.

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Al, I like the hinges-simple solution that I may copy when I redo my system this winter
    There are many installs on this forum that look way, way nicer than mine whereas I took the easy route. Tried to use as many of the existing panels as possible, keep things simple, and did not go through the trouble of hiding every last cable, etc. I honestly just don't have the time.

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Schweeeeeeet! Very nice job Al.

Ok I'm curious about this plug/cord - looks like it splits off to a USB for charging and a mini plug for going into the aux - both on one one cord? I'm wanting to do the same with either my iPhone or an iPod nano and would like to skip the aux out and go the cleaner route. I still have to do aux-in on my deck but I like this setup for the helm - nice and clean, single cord.
    That's right. Got it here. Thanks to Razzman for that tip.

http://www.brainydeal.us/Compact-Uni...source=froogle

Have you used this set-up with the engine running yet? I have a similar cord that I use to run video from my iPhone into the nav unit in my car - the issue I have is that when the car is running and I charge through USB I get terrible noise. The solution I found was to use the 110v charging block plugged into an inverter.

I like the looks of everything a lot, makes me think I might want to put my stereo volume knobs in the same spot - easier access than having them on the drivers right hand side where I initially planned to put them.
    I have not tried it with the engine running yet. However, I bought two of these cables and have been using the other one in my car all winter and I don't get any noise at all. It works perfectly.

I wish the Exile remote knobs could be panel mounted so I could have installed them on the ignition switch panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Great job Al, nice and clean!

What LED did you use to connect up for the ACR? I need to do the same.

Got it at Baxter Auto Parts for $7. Be sure to wire the positive of the LED to a 12v source and the neg to the LED terminal on the ACR. I did it the opposite initially.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I like the looks of everything a lot, makes me think I might want to put my stereo volume knobs in the same spot - easier access than having them on the drivers right hand side where I initially planned to put them.
    I put them there so that I can adjust them from the observer's seat when my son is driving, which is more and more often these days.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    I put them there so that I can adjust them from the observer's seat when my son is driving, which is more and more often these days.
    Exactly what I'm thinking, except this way I can control when my dad is driving, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    I wish the Exile remote knobs could be panel mounted so I could have installed them on the ignition switch panel.
    If its anything like the Kicker units, you can pull the knob out of the casing and panel mount it, which is how I plan to do mine
    2013 Outback V

Exactly what I'm thinking, except this way I can control when my dad is driving, lol.
    Now that's funny right there!

If its anything like the Kicker units, you can pull the knob out of the casing and panel mount it, which is how I plan to do mine
    Seems like I looked at that and they were not set up to be panel mounted. I'll have to take a look again.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

The Kicker knob, dissected:

Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Outback V

Good pics, Ian.