Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Al i was thinking about this as well. I know some put the receptacle in the rear locker but that won't work for me, covers always on. Others do as you do, that would work just fine. I also thought about putting it in the walkway wall or in the seat base under the observers seat. Don't know, not a big deal, I'll just do as you do for now probably.

On another note; the acr led wiring. One lead runs to the acr obviously and the other is shown to positive. Did you just run the other lead to a positive source under the dash or all the way back to the battery?
    Yeah, some people put it in the rear locker area so they can plug it in without having to climb in the boat. Newty installed his behind the observer door, in the upper left on the fiberglass. It looks good and can't be seen when the observer door is close.

On the LED, yes I just ran it to a positive under the dash, just tapped in to the pos wire that feeds all the dash switches. I'd run it back to the helm buss pos but as you now, with the Exile sub box in place, it's not easy to get to.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I had mine hanging like yours last season. This winter. I bought the plug you were talking about and installed it in the rear locker. My boat is always covered also, and it being in the rear locker actually does make it easier to plug and unplug as only 4 snaps have to be undone for the rear hatch to open. When it was in the cubby, I always had to unsnap all the way down one side, or unsnap at least half and "worm" under the cover to unplug it before leaving, or plug in when home if it were already covered. And I was against it in the rear locker last year...now I realize why people stick it back there!

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Yeah, some people put it in the rear locker area so they can plug it in without having to climb in the boat. Newty installed his behind the observer door, in the upper left on the fiberglass. It looks good and can't be seen when the observer door is close.

On the LED, yes I just ran it to a positive under the dash, just tapped in to the pos wire that feeds all the dash switches. I'd run it back to the helm buss pos but as you now, with the Exile sub box in place, it's not easy to get to.
    I had the sub & box out so I piggy-backed onto another wire on the positive terminal block up behind the dash. And you are so right, with that sub box in place you are definately NOT getting in there! LOL!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    I had the sub & box out so I piggy-backed onto another wire on the positive terminal block up behind the dash. And you are so right, with that sub box in place you are definately NOT getting in there! LOL!
    No Joke! It's also a pain to pull new wires from the ski locker to the helm with that box in place. So I finally got smart and left a weedeater wire in place to pull the NEXT wire that I have not thought of yet that I will need in the future! Every time I pull another wire thru, I also attach another piece of weedeater wire to it and leave it in place, ready for the next wire.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    No Joke! It's also a pain to pull new wires from the ski locker to the helm with that box in place. So I finally got smart and left a weedeater wire in place to pull the NEXT wire that I have not thought of yet that I will need in the future! Every time I pull another wire thru, I also attach another piece of weedeater wire to it and leave it in place, ready for the next wire.
    Lol! i did the same thing with an old piece of speaker wire.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    I had mine hanging like yours last season. This winter. I bought the plug you were talking about and installed it in the rear locker. My boat is always covered also, and it being in the rear locker actually does make it easier to plug and unplug as only 4 snaps have to be undone for the rear hatch to open. When it was in the cubby, I always had to unsnap all the way down one side, or unsnap at least half and "worm" under the cover to unplug it before leaving, or plug in when home if it were already covered. And I was against it in the rear locker last year...now I realize why people stick it back there!
    Dusty,

Yeah that makes a lot of sense for your situation. I think it's really situation dependent. My boat is stored in the garage with the cover off and the tower fully up and I have an extension cord plugged into the ceiling so it's very conveneint to just plug it in from inside the boat. I am already in there putting life jackets away, etc.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    If its anything like the Kicker units, you can pull the knob out of the casing and panel mount it, which is how I plan to do mine
    Well Ian, no such luck on the Exile units. I took mine apart and the Throttle Box knob cannot be removed from the housing. And the bass knob can be removed but the little circuit board sticks out too much so by the time you add the thickness of the panel, there would be any thread exposed to get the nut on the shaft. I think you can see what I mean from the pic below.

Al

2006 Mobius LSV