Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LEDs

Cool LEDs

In preparation for our upcoming trip next weekend (May 20 - 22) to Pickwick Lake, I figured since we will be at a house on the water we may spend some time in the boat at night. So tonight, I pulled the trigger on some LEDs for the interior. One for each cupholder (7), a 9.5" strip down each side to go between the speakers, and Two 4.7" strips...one to go under the helm to highlight the sub and the other to go in the cubby to provide light and highlight the amps.

Since my boat is Black and Gray I went with a cool white color instead of going blue which is what I would've normally picked (big fan of blue). I hope the white provides the glow that I'm looking for and not just some bright light.

I'm planning on hooking them to the switch that controls the navigation lights...unless you all have a better suggestion. I do not have an AUX switch on my dash. The one I did have was replaced with an additional ballst switch for my ballast in the ski locker.

www.oznium.com

I'll post some pics after I get them installed...probably won't be until after I get back from the trip. Unless they come early enough and I'm able to do it Thursday night!
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

The LEDs are very low draw so i wouldnt expect an issue with tying them in like you want to do.

If anything look at the fuse for the Nav lights and carry or replace with a 5amp more but thats the most you should need man.

Post some pics one you use those lights.

I have bought 3 sets of the white lights to use in the engine compartment for when i work on the boat, i also bought some for the cubby area as well. Claudia wasnt sold on having them anyplace else yet haha
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Oznium is great! They give two shipping opinions, if you went with the one that is a few bucks more, you well def have them. I gotta tell ya though, dont expect installing a full boat lighting setup to go quickly.

I made an order last night as well

I would (and did) tie them into the courtesy lights, rather than he nav lights. That way you can shut them off if you need to, and still turn the nav lights on. Not sure what the laws are where you are, but it's nice to have the control.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    Oznium is great! They give two shipping opinions, if you went with the one that is a few bucks more, you well def have them. I gotta tell ya though, dont expect installing a full boat lighting setup to go quickly.

I made an order last night as well
    Yeah I chose the priority shipping. I figure if they ship tomorrow they will be here Wednesday. Yeah I figure it will probably take a couple of hours to figure out the layout and how to run the wires. I usually try to estimate a time of completion of a project and then multiply that time by 3...heh.

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    I would (and did) tie them into the courtesy lights, rather than he nav lights. That way you can shut them off if you need to, and still turn the nav lights on. Not sure what the laws are where you are, but it's nice to have the control.
    I'll have to see where the Courtesy light switch is. I haven't noticed any lights in the cabin of the boat thats why I thought of the navigation lights. I've only been out on the boat once and its stored 35 miles from me so it can make doing things to it a little difficult.

The weather here is CRAZY it was 90 degrees here all last week, today its like 57 and now this week it's going to be high 60's to low 70's. This coming weekend is supposed to be low 80's but its supposed to rain! Pray for better weather for me next weekend! GRRR! I feel like I'll never get to enjoy this thing!
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Tow Rig:

Default Finally got some pics!

Ok, I've had these in for about 3 weeks and these are the first good shots that I was really able to get...I'm still planning to add a strip along each side, I ended up changing my order at the last minute and got 15 single LED lights instead of 7 and the strips. I haven't put the additional 6 in yet. I have one in each cup holder, 1 under the helm, and one in the cubby...

Tow Rig:

Some more...

Blue Gatorade

Tow Rig:

Great pics! Definitely something I want to look at doing. Did you have to drill out the cup holders to run the wires? How are the LED's secured in the cup holders? I was up on the website, but could not tell how they were secured.
    Derek & Poppy
    2010 Mobius LSV Sandrock/Fossil
    Gravity III ballast, wake plate, Z5, LEDs from Oznium (cup holders, helm, transom)
    Exile SX65M Cabin Speakers w/ Exile XM 15.4
    Exile SXT9Q Tower Speakers w/ Exile XM 30.2
    Exile 12" sub w/ XM12.1
    Exile ZLD MKII

Quote Originally Posted by millerda68 View Post
    Great pics! Definitely something I want to look at doing. Did you have to drill out the cup holders to run the wires? How are the LED's secured in the cup holders? I was up on the website, but could not tell how they were secured.
    No, the cup holders alread had a hole for drainage. They fit in there perfectly. They are secured to the cup holder by zip ties. Here are some pics in the daylight:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tow Rig:

Default lights

would you mind sharing the items you ordered......no where near my boat to measure sizes i need. how tough was install.........boat looks great so far!!
    2005 Moomba Outback