Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Viking, Once I pulled the carpet out I found that the floor panels and the floor had major gaps and were not at all square or straight. The carpet seems to hid a lot of these imperfections.
    I considered fixing the floor around the panels, wrapping the panels with hydroturf, but the time/cost added to the fact it may just may not look right once it was all done just didn't add up to me.

Had I owned an OB or OBV I would have done it just because of the fact that there is only one panel to finish.

I'm still considering doing a lay-in or snap in to go over the top of the newcarpet just to lengthen the life if the carpet.

PWI as usual...

Damn - that had to have been a buzzkill after all that work pulling up the old carpet I would have never thought the panels were that far off. Good to know i guess.

Good thing you didn't buy all the material before you found out?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Newty,
    Thank you for documenting this work.

How many cans of 3M Super 90 did you need? Is the glue and carpet holding up well?

How many feet of carpet did you order and use?

If I'm able to cut the carpet for the removable floor panels and ski locker hatch using the scraps leftover from the main carpet piece, it seems that as few as 14' feet of a 7.5' wide piece might be sufficient. The difference between a 14' long piece and 19' long piece of 32 oz from Corinthian is about $85, so I'd rather not end up with extra.

Thanks! Tom
    Last edited by tcallis; 03-12-2013 at 04:30 PM. Reason: clarity
    2008 Mobius LSV, 325 Assault, Acme 1433
    Ballast: 1100s rear, 400 center and IBS plumbed on valve. 3 Johnson Reversibles.
    Audio: 2 SKM10 subs and 6 KM6200s powered by Kicker IX1000.5, Pair REV8s powered by JL M4300 amp, Kenwood 440u head unit, RC107 remote at helm, and RC60 remote at transom
    Misc: Blue Seas Add-a-Battery, SeaDek, Evolution Cover, Blue interior LEDs, 2 Attwood Underwater LEDs

2 seasons down and its holding up really well. I think I used 4 cans of glue. I just measured from the fiberglass behind the v-drive cap to the bow. I want to say it was 12' but I'm not sure. Locker and floor panels can be cut from the leftovers with out ordering extra. I think the carpet roll was 7' wide.
    Double check the floor measurement and youll be fine.
    I was under the impression Corinthian was out of buisness.

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    2 seasons down and its holding up really well. I think I used 4 cans of glue. I just measured from the fiberglass behind the v-drive cap to the bow. I want to say it was 12' but I'm not sure. Locker and floor panels can be cut from the leftovers with out ordering extra. I think the carpet roll was 7' wide.
    Double check the floor measurement and youll be fine.
    I was under the impression Corinthian was out of buisness.
    Newty--
    Very helpful information, thank you! I received carpet samples from Corinthian a few weeks ago, so it seems like they're still operating.
    2008 Mobius LSV, 325 Assault, Acme 1433
    Ballast: 1100s rear, 400 center and IBS plumbed on valve. 3 Johnson Reversibles.
    Audio: 2 SKM10 subs and 6 KM6200s powered by Kicker IX1000.5, Pair REV8s powered by JL M4300 amp, Kenwood 440u head unit, RC107 remote at helm, and RC60 remote at transom
    Misc: Blue Seas Add-a-Battery, SeaDek, Evolution Cover, Blue interior LEDs, 2 Attwood Underwater LEDs

are these pictures stored anywhere? i can no longer see them
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

I agree great article But I would like to see the pics!!!

Default New Carpet Install

The pics can be seen on wakeworld.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...