Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Wow, Ryan, that looks great! So are you going to trim the extra 2-3" or just leave it? If you are going to trim it, are you going to trim it on the outside of the seat bases or the inside? Where did you cut the old carpet (the inside or the outside)?

Also, I guess at this point the removeable floor panels are no longer removeable but there's really not a need to remove them.

Again, great job!

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Impressive indeed. Nothin like adding a few carpet burns to the bloody knuckles. I've always thought that blood stains on the carpet adds character.

Dude you've seen my carpet, if you can still call it that... In need of an overhaul in the worst of ways. Next winter, garage full of boat and beer - we'll make it happen. Hopefully I'll have a bigger garage by then!

I'm wondering about the layout up under the helm and how you did the trimming to fit up there and still blend. My carpet runs right up the sides of the hull although there is a seam where the floor and the side meet and it is tucked in. I guess the cupholder would possibly cover it?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Wow, Ryan, that looks great! So are you going to trim the extra 2-3" or just leave it? If you are going to trim it, are you going to trim it on the outside of the seat bases or the inside? Where did you cut the old carpet (the inside or the outside)?

Also, I guess at this point the removeable floor panels are no longer removeable but there's really not a need to remove them.

Again, great job!

Al
    Al, after I rough cut the carpet in for the boat I then went around and (in place) trimmed it down to an inch all the way around then tucked it in. I havent cut the carpet back yet in the pics but yes has fully removable panels. I'm also trying to figure out how to install these with out having screws throught he carpet. I think I have an idea but will post pics when I get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Impressive indeed. Nothin like adding a few carpet burns to the bloody knuckles. I've always thought that blood stains on the carpet adds character.

Dude you've seen my carpet, if you can still call it that... In need of an overhaul in the worst of ways. Next winter, garage full of boat and beer - we'll make it happen. Hopefully I'll have a bigger garage by then!

I'm wondering about the layout up under the helm and how you did the trimming to fit up there and still blend. My carpet runs right up the sides of the hull although there is a seam where the floor and the side meet and it is tucked in. I guess the cupholder would possibly cover it?
    Yea my finger tips and knees are killing me.
    Lets do it Berg you said full of beer right!
    I have some tricks to making it blend on the walls.
    You may want to just replace the visible carpet on the walls just to alleviate the problem all together. Really the only place you see the carpet on the walls are under the cockpit. Unless of course unless teh seats are off or the lockers are open.

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    I'm also trying to figure out how to install these with out having screws through the carpet.
    Why not just leave out the screws? Those panels are not going anywhere.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Once the one side is glued and tucked I went to the other side and glued from the middle out and tucked it all in.
    Next I attacked the helm flooring. I glue small areas at a time and cut carefully along the existing carpet to make it blend.
    Once the floor was done I felt around for the floor panels and made a cut approxamately 1 1/2" insid the panel so I could remove them and wrap the carpet into the panel recess.
    I removed the panels and glued the overlap in.
    Attached Images Attached Images

PWI as usual...

I was considering doing a screwless set-up on the panels but decided against it because the carpet was heavy enough that the screws were hidden.

Of course I need a few beers to make the job easier.

PWI as usual...

Heres a look at the floor panels being carpeted.

Quick note: When I did the floor locker panel I found that there is a grain to the carpet. Soooo... yea I had the grain backwards and it looked like different carpet, I ended up redoing it. Make sure if you do this you keep track of how the grain is orientated when you lay out your panels.
    Last edited by newty; 05-14-2011 at 05:45 PM.

PWI as usual...

Here is the finished product! I'm really happy with how it turned out. I'm already thinking about how I'm going to keep the carpet looking new. Maybe one of those office pads that chairs roll on.

Really this wasn't to bad of a job. realistically if I worked straight through it would have taken me 8-10 hrs. Hope you guy end up doing this as the result is awesome. I also found later that corinthianmarine.com has the same carpet in stock and is a bit cheaper than through your dealer.
    If any of you end up doing this let me know and I can walk you through more of the process. There are a few little tricks I learned along the way.

PWI as usual...

Wow! Finished product looks fantastic!

Awesome - Looks Great!
    2006 Mobius LSV 325 hp MPI Indmar
    2005 6L Silverado 1500HD Quadrasteer
    MODS: Polk DB651's Cabin Speakers, 10" Polk MM1040 Sub in a custom sub box, Kicker ZXM700.5 5 channel Amp, EZ net cargo nets, ACME 1847 Prop, 4 outlet Heatercraft Heater