Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default need custom sub box and facia

Okay, so I'm pretty incompetent at this stuff, what I need is a custom box for a kicker km10 sub. And a facia to tuck it at the drivers legs footwell.. Im offering $100 for someone to do this for me ant mail me the items? Anyoneone good at making boxes and want a quick job, or have an Outback and know the dimentions for the box and facia to make it for me? Again offering $100 for this.. I know I can get a box for $25, so...
    08 Outback. Private Lake Owner.

I would be happy to do this for you, however I think shipping the box from Michigan to Texas would be pretty pricey.

Its definitely not a super hard project, I was able to knock mine out in a fairly short period of time. The nice thing about using a facia panel is that the box doesn't really have to be pretty, just that cover panel.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10731
    2013 Outback V

I think what he needs is a copy of that sheet of paper in the pics.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Just for reference I shipped my old resined mdf sub box and 10" sub to a member in Georgia if i remember right and it was around $65 to ship. Making a box from mdf correctly alone will cost around $50-60 probably, mdf, resined, etc.

I'm just guessing here but you probably need a .6-.7 cubic foot box for that. Your best bet here is to buy a premade box in that size, very common at any stereo shop. Apply a coat of resin if you want or not. Screw it to the top of the drivers space hump and you won't need a fascia. That's where my original was and it sounded decent and not in the way.
    2007 Mobius LSV

That is a good plan, unless you have a heater, then it won't fit.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    That is a good plan, unless you have a heater, then it won't fit.
    It fit on my LSV there with a heater but not sure about the Outback.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Shipping the box is gonna be the cost breaker here.

I shipped my L10 Kicker sub and box from Or to NY i think it was last year and even on a buisness rate it was 50 or so bucks.

If you can read the diagram for the cut outs and can use a saw or have a buddy with a table saw its much cheaper to build it yourself. You can then have a shop carpet it of a few dollars.

Other wise your looking at 50 to ship plus 100 to build.

I hope what you really mean is you will pay for supplies, give the builder 100 and pay shipping.

Razz idea will work great too as a fascia covers all the uglies.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

meh.. perhaps I ought to tackle this myself... I didnt think shipping was going to be a big issue. Perhaps I'll just get a wedge type box, and some plywood and make a facia... carpet it grey and call it that.
    08 Outback. Private Lake Owner.

Biggest issue with shipping is size and weight of a box even small boxes are heavy with Mdf and glassing
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Here is mine...

I had mine done by a guy here in Oregon and he did a great job. It was cheap also. Built the box and put some resin on it. I have a heater so it is like an upside down triangle shape. Then built a Facia for it and even put the JL audio logo on it. He then put carpet over it and it turned out great. I think looking back I could have done it myself but he tuned the box and ported it total install and adjusted my system for likt $150.
    Attached Images Attached Images