Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    You will need to drill 3/8 holes for mounting the clamps, i would suggest 1/2 thought as this will give you more wiggle room to move the clamps to the adjustment you need.

As for the clamps theres 2 styles, Normal which are large and on an OBV tower wont tighten down, then there are the OBV style clamps there the bottom of the clamps is machined off to allow it to clamp.

When Exile ships the speakers they are sopposed to manualy change your clamps if you have this tower. I would call Brian and explain what happaned. There has been a couple speakers sent out like this since its a manual swap and not a preboxed speaker setup for the OBV tower diameter.

Thanks Mike,

I'm pretty sure I got the wrong clamps and have left Brian a voicemail to that effect. Waiting to hear back from him. My father-in-law is headed down there this weekend so I could send the clamps I have now down with him to exchange for the right sized ones.

I'm sure it will all work out

Wade

Wade
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle Head View Post
    Thanks Mike,

I'm pretty sure I got the wrong clamps and have left Brian a voicemail to that effect. Waiting to hear back from him. My father-in-law is headed down there this weekend so I could send the clamps I have now down with him to exchange for the right sized ones.

I'm sure it will all work out

Wade

Wade
    Don't forget to get shorter bolts for the clamps as well. Four bolts that need to be shorter for the clamp mod. Two inner ones are a must, the outer ones for asthetics. Either get them from Brian or shorten the ones you have .

Thank you again, Al, for this wonderful tutorial. I drilled new holes and pulled all my wires over the weekend. I'm all set to hook everything up tonight, mount my speakers and give it a test run. I just wanted to add one thing.

My tower was already wired with some 16 gauge wire I was replacing. This helped a little bit as I could use that wire to pull the new wire to some extent. But, from the hole at the tower's folding joint down to the foot of the tower I could not pull the new wire through. The hole in the hull was just too small to pull both pairs through. I actually couldn't get either wire through there. I could move the 16 gauge wire but not the fatter part where I had attached to the 12 gauge wire (I even soaped up the coating a bit-- still no good). I thought I was going to have to enlarge the hole through the hull.

I took the three screws out of the front tower leg and lifted the leg about 2 in. off the hull. I was then able to easily pull the wires down through and out the bottom of the tower leg. I then also easily pulled them through what looked like about a 1/2" hole through the hull- plenty big enough. Anyway, it may be worth your while to just unbolt the tower leg to "help" pull the wires through that pinch point. It worked for me. Now I have 12 gauge wires from the amp all the way to speaker #1 on each side with no breaks or connections.

You will probably need an assistant inside the boat to hold the locknuts when you remove the 3 phillips head screws in the tower foot and then when you tighten them back up.
    Last edited by kaneboats; 02-06-2012 at 08:55 AM.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

This post was exactly what I have been looking for. I just got an 07 LSV. and will be installing the speakers in the next 2 weeks.
    Jeff

2007 LSV -
    Mods -Monster Swivel Surf/Wakeboard Racks -Perfect Pass- Blue LED lighting - FAE - Manual Flow- SeaDek Swim Platform and Gunwall pads
    Exile Audio - 2 XM9 on the tower with 1 XM30.2 Amplifier - 6 XM65 cabin speakers with 1 XM15.4 Amplifier
    Ballast - 2x 800 lbs Ronix eight.3 sacks - 500 lbs in the bow

Default Installing Exile Tower Speakers with No Visible Speaker Wires

A vacuum cleaner over the hole will help guide a pull string thru too.
    2008 Moomba Outback DD resurrection