Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Question about wiring the speakers in parallel. Do you just jump from the +/- from the one speaker to the other?

Anyone have a diagram?

Thanks in advance.
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Pat,

Thanks for making the changes. Looks good.

Al
    Now all I have to do is copy you!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle Head View Post
    Question about wiring the speakers in parallel. Do you just jump from the +/- from the one speaker to the other?

Anyone have a diagram?

Thanks in advance.
    Yes. Run the speaker wires from the left channel of your two channel amp and connect them to the first speaker on the port side. Then take another speaker wire and connect the "+" from the first speaker to the "+" of the second port side speaker and the "-" to the "-". Wiring two 4 ohm speakers in this manner (parallel) presents a 2 ohm load to your amp. If using the Exile Harpoon, this means each speaker will get up to 250W RMS.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Hi Al,

Can you tell me how far off of center did you drill the holes for the speakers on the underside of the tower? I know you said just off center but how far? Can you give me an approximate measurement?

2007 Outback V

Hi Al,

Can you tell me how far off of center did you drill the holes for the speakers on the underside of the tower? I know you said just off center but how far? Can you give me an approximate measurement?
    I would guess about 1/4" but I encourage you to test mount one speaker to get the angle you want then mark it rather than going by my estimate.

So are you in the middle of this process?
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I can't remember what size drill bit I used but nothing too huge. I drilled the holes directly on the bottom of the tube and I still had plenty of freedom to point the speaker up or down quite a ways without pinching the wire. So I wouldn't sweat it.

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    I would guess about 1/4" but I encourage you to test mount one speaker to get the angle you want then mark it rather than going by my estimate.

So are you in the middle of this process?
    Yup, going to start hopefully tonight. I was planning on doing 3/8" holes so would that give me enough play with the positioning of the speakers?

2007 Outback V

al this couldn't have come at a better time!!!!! I'll be mounting up my sxt's this week!

Thanks for this!

Geoff
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Had to abort the installation this weekend as the clamps I got from exile are too big. Not sure what to do about it other than let Brian know and wait to hear back.

Worked on my ballast project instead. Will post pictures in a separate email.

2007 Outback V

Had to abort the installation this weekend as the clamps I got from exile are too big. Not sure what to do about it other than let Brian know and wait to hear back.

Worked on my ballast project instead. Will post pictures in a separate email.
    You will need to drill 3/8 holes for mounting the clamps, i would suggest 1/2 thought as this will give you more wiggle room to move the clamps to the adjustment you need.

As for the clamps theres 2 styles, Normal which are large and on an OBV tower wont tighten down, then there are the OBV style clamps there the bottom of the clamps is machined off to allow it to clamp.

When Exile ships the speakers they are sopposed to manualy change your clamps if you have this tower. I would call Brian and explain what happaned. There has been a couple speakers sent out like this since its a manual swap and not a preboxed speaker setup for the OBV tower diameter.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]