Default Tower backing plate / '07 Mobius LSV

I had a guy over to fix a gel coat ding on my '07 Mobius LSV and he offered to look over the whole boat since he has done some warranty claims work in the past.

One material thing that he found was that they completely missed the backing plate where the tower legs bolt to the gunwale. On one side only 2 of the 4 bolts hit the backing plate, and on the other side, 2 of the bolts are barely catching the edge of the plate (washers are only 1/2 on the plate). The plate is obviously there to handle the stress on the fiberglass from the tower. I'll check w/ SC to see if they have fix for this. Something to checkout.

Kinda on the same topic, when I took my tower off we found only the front two feet had a full size aluminum pad, along with washers and the rear just had washers. Is this what you found also? Anyone else find the same thing?

If you think about the forces the towers exert on the hull you will find mainly compressive on the rear legs and tension on the forward legs. Thus the plates are needed more on the forward legs to distribute the force evenly on the under support block. The rear legs will exert force on the deck via the tower foot.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug