Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Drilled 8 new holes in the tower...

No pics yet, but it sounds GOOD!

Interesting, very interesting. I know what 8 holes in a tower can do, or mean, or allow access to. But then again i already got 8 holes in my tower, and im adding more.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Ok, how about a couple of boring garage pics...

you want to reinstall my tower speakers for me? i like the wireless look!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    you want to reinstall my tower speakers for me? i like the wireless look!
    Thanks! So funny story on the wiring... I got so frustrated trying to pull the wires to the rear tube I just yanked them completely out and started over. My wife came out and talked me off my cliff and had a couple of good ideas on how to get it done. So I'll gladly help, but you'd be better off with her helping.

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    ... I got so frustrated trying to pull the wires to the rear tube I just yanked them completely out and started over. .

And thats why I installed mine on the front bar-there is just no way I could handle that frustration

looking good Dan
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Nice work Dan and I feel you on the frustration. I went thru the center oval tube so I had to get two pairs of 12ga thru one hole. Really had to get creative AND exercise a whole lot of patience.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I hope you guys post up your methods for those of us who hope to get there some day.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Details on the final method of getting to the rear bar?

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    Details on the final method of getting to the rear bar?
    Ed pretty much nailed it. My main issue was that I used 4-wire speaker cables. The outer jacket is another layer of protection for the wires, but it also adds to the bulk. Fishing the wires in sets of 4 proved to be too frustrating, so I ended up removing the outer jacket and taping the wires up in pairs. Pulling them through one set at a time was actually pretty easy. Thank you, honey.

Ok, a couple of things I'd add to Ed's explanation...
    You drill from the front tube all the way through into the crossmember, then do the same thing on the rear tube. That gets you your "through and through" access holes.

I pulled the wires in 3 steps. First, out the hole in the front of the front tower tube. Second, back through the front tube, through the crossmember, and out the the rear tube. Finally, back in the rear tube and out the bottom holes for each speaker. No idea if that makes any sense without a picture...