Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Uggghhhh ohhh.....I went and joined the darkside....

So I woke up all groggy and noticed a large amount of money missing from my checking account....

It appears that I blacked out today and sent over money to some guy named Brian who works for some company called Exile. You guys heard of it?????

Hopefully before too long I will have 4 SXT65 Spins as well as the Harpoon blaring some Led Zeppelin straight into little Fiona's face while I try and teach her how to surf this year.

My wife would like to thank the entire Moomba Forum and Brian at Exile for encouraging my purchase. She then walked out the door and said "Kids are all yours, I'm going shopping now!"

And Cab, I'm going to use your thread for the help during my install. So how many beers do you think this one will take me?
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by WaterBullDawg1980 View Post
    So I woke up all groggy and noticed a large amount of money missing from my checking account....

It appears that I blacked out today and sent over money to some guy named Brian who works for some company called Exile. You guys heard of it?????

Hopefully before too long I will have 4 SXT65 Spins as well as the Harpoon blaring some Led Zeppelin straight into little Fiona's face while I try and teach her how to surf this year.

My wife would like to thank the entire Moomba Forum and Brian at Exile for encouraging my purchase. She then walked out the door and said "Kids are all yours, I'm going shopping now!"

And Cab, I'm going to use your thread for the help during my install. So how many beers do you think this one will take me?
    My guess 47 beers I mean why not take your time and do it right
    2007 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by WaterBullDawg1980 View Post

Umm, sorry, my thread won't help. Your boat has a different tower than mine. Not sure if the same procedure is applicable?

Congrats on the Exile purchase though. The peer pressure on this forum is unbearable, isn't it??

Good luck with the wife

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Pretty sure the proceedure will be the same Al. I will be finding out anyway as I will be installing 4 stx65's onto my tower which I believe is the same as WBD.

I should be getting my boat back tomorrow from the fiberglasser. Had a bad spider crack repaired on the gunwale and also had a sub box glassed in under the helm to house my new 12" Exile sub!

Pictures to follow soon.......
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle Head View Post
    Pretty sure the proceedure will be the same Al. I will be finding out anyway as I will be installing 4 stx65's onto my tower which I believe is the same as WBD.

I should be getting my boat back tomorrow from the fiberglasser. Had a bad spider crack repaired on the gunwale and also had a sub box glassed in under the helm to house my new 12" Exile sub!

Pictures to follow soon.......
    Alright, well need to be doing this together then!

When are you getting your equipment in?
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Already have it. Just haven't had the time to install anything yet. As it stands I have 4 projects on the go. A new ballast system, LED lighting, a 2nd battery, and a massive stereo install.

So far I have the thru-hulls, the intakes and the transom LED lights installed and once I get my boat back I'll be looking to make some progress on everything else.

I am away this weekend so I highly doubt I will get much done till next week. Can anyone tell me why Cab decided to move his speakers to the back bar on his tower? What's wrong with leaving them on the front?
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Welcome to the club!

Can anyone tell me why Cab decided to move his speakers to the back bar on his tower? What's wrong with leaving them on the front?
    I think most people, myself included, put them on the back bar. Aesthetics and bimini clearance are the 2 main reasons I think. But there are plenty of people that keep them on the front bar, and even people that put them up top. What ever works for you!

Can anyone tell me why Cab decided to move his speakers to the back bar on his tower? What's wrong with leaving them on the front?
    Placement is a personal preference, wherever you like them. From experience though I can tell you the biggest reason to put them on the back/stern bar is sound. The more forward towards the bow the speakers are, the louder it will be in the cabin from them. If your thinking forward bar for ease of install I would rethink that, it's not that much harder to get them on the back bar.

Second reason is the bimini. Depending on your tower and bimini they may not clear the bimini.

There's a lot of factors to think about when doing these. If in doubt install everything on the tower with the wires outside temporarily and see what works and what doesn't.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Welcome to the Exile family, isn't Brian a great guy...

Answer: Yes!
    Rob Snyder...no not the actor!
    2011 Celestial Blue/Black Accent Moomba Mobius LSV, 340HP