Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boat Audio Vids

Phil,
    That makes a great deal of sense to me in that if you tape a couple of dogs to the tower they will eventually begin to bark.

David, did you just make a funny? Oh my, I chuckled!

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    Phil,
    That makes a great deal of sense to me in that if you tape a couple of dogs to the tower they will eventually begin to bark.
    hah! too funny

Yeah, I'd like to hear a mix of dogs on the tower, kind of a hybrid of sorts. A couple of Chihuahuas would be ideal for piercing projection combined with a husky Rottweiler to moderate the Chihuahuas.

Who let the dogs out ? woof woof woof woof woof.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Well looks like i dont need to post my Video lol

I am actually working on installing the Hybrid setup on my boat. Brian ordered me some new towers, he has since sold my XM7s as a Demo pair last i herd to a memeber on here whome i know.

Once i get the new tower set up we will be shooting some new video on the water of the new system.

My big changes are even though i am still running my same XI12D sub i am upping the power from 1500 to 2500 and then adding the Hybrid set up. I am working on fabricatting a cooling system for the amp and if that doesnt work then i have a couple amp fans i have been looking at getting. We will see.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

David, just out of curiosity, have you tried mixing the 770's together in a hybrid setup?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

KG,
    We can mix and match any combination we want in our showroom. The way the switching system is set up its as easy as triggering a couple of relays.
    As long as the size and construction of the speakers are symmetrical then you can safely mix a ratio of two 7.7 surf coaxials and one 7.7 HLCD.
    With the new Bullet NEO HollowPoint HLCDs and their new crossover network,
    I'm not sure what the real purpose would be. They are already more efficient, warmer and smoother than the previous model not to mention that four 7.7s have the same surface area as six 6.5s.
    Also, we can use a JL Audio HD750/1 to drive a six-pack at 2.67 ohms. Its strictly regulated so it delivers full power at most any load. No loss of damping. No increase in distortion. No decrease in efficiency. No heat issues even in Texas. 60 percent more efficient than a Class AB amplifier running at 4 ohms let alone 2 ohms or even 1.33 ohms. Or, we can run a hybrid six-pack with a single Wetsounds Syn6 which maintains an impedance load of no less than 2 ohms in this scheme and with a level control it allows you to alter the mix of the surf speakers and HLCDs on the fly.
    We've got tons of options.

David
    Earmark Marine