Default Prop shaft leaking?

Well I was putting the boat back together and I noticed something I have never seen before. Most of the time I am notice every little detail except for when it comes to woman. That could be why I am still single but anyways I noticed for the first time water was coming from where the prop shaft goes thru the haul. Is this normal? The boat was hooked up to a fake a lake and everything was working as normal. Boat started first time, got up to temp and held there. I did not kick the boat in gear since I know you should not do that on land. We are not talking major amounts of water but it was more then a drip. I have a 2008 OBV. Any help would be appreciated.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Guess it would depend on if you have a dripless seal or not Mike. I dont know a ton about the non dripless but i was with Al Cab last year after he replaced his and had to tighten it up on the river. It did leak water but your view of ton and mine might be different.

My boat has a dripless seal and as i understand it water is plumbed to it by the hose above the shaft and that cools the seal. So i would expect to see water draining out of it when on land.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    Well I was putting the boat back together and I noticed something I have never seen before. Most of the time I am notice every little detail except for when it comes to woman. That could be why I am still single but anyways I noticed for the first time water was coming from where the prop shaft goes thru the haul. Is this normal? The boat was hooked up to a fake a lake and everything was working as normal. Boat started first time, got up to temp and held there. I did not kick the boat in gear since I know you should not do that on land. We are not talking major amounts of water but it was more then a drip. I have a 2008 OBV. Any help would be appreciated.
    Jester,

If u have a dripless seal, and I think the 08 and newer have them, then that's perfectly normal. That's how the seal is kept lubricated, as Mike points out.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Guys thank you for the posts. I was thinkig it was normal since there is a blue water tube that goes down to the shaft but i did not know and this is the first time i noticed water comming from that section of the boat. Now I can sleep better and I am ready to get on the water.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    Guys thank you for the posts. I was thinkig it was normal since there is a blue water tube that goes down to the shaft but i did not know and this is the first time i noticed water comming from that section of the boat. Now I can sleep better and I am ready to get on the water.
    Normal as long as its dripping from under the boat , not in the boat
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug