Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Suggestions on audio setup?

I am looking for a little more advice. I have a Kicker 250.2 amp and a km10 sub that I was going to put in the 2010 boat but because I have the new 2011 comming with the 700.5 amp, I not sure what to do. Has anyone installed 2 10" subs? Is it recommanded or not?

From what I can tell the boat is comming with:
    4 cabin Kicker speakers
    2 bow Kicker speakers
    KM10 Sub
    Kicker 700.5 amp

On order:
    4 Exile SXT65's
    1K Harpoon Amp

In the basement collecting dust.
    KM10 Kicker Sub
    Kicker 250.2 amp
    Rob Snyder...no not the actor!
    2011 Celestial Blue/Black Accent Moomba Mobius LSV, 340HP

Lat year I did a pair of Kicker KM10's driven by a zxm700.5 in a 1.8 sealed enclosure in a 2009 Bu VLX. It was very impressive. Two 4 ohm KM10 will get you 420W rms form the zxm700.5. Two 10's will move quite a bit of air.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Lat year I did a pair of Kicker KM10's driven by a zxm700.5 in a 1.8 sealed enclosure in a 2009 Bu VLX. It was very impressive. Two 4 ohm KM10 will get you 420W rms form the zxm700.5. Two 10's will move quite a bit of air.
    ^^^what he said^^^

Phil
    Kicker

Hey MLA do you have any pics? Do the sub's have to be in an enclosure or can I leave the factory km10 in the bulkhead at helm and mount the other above it on a right angle or 45 degrees to the factory install so that it is facing down?
    Rob Snyder...no not the actor!
    2011 Celestial Blue/Black Accent Moomba Mobius LSV, 340HP

I have 2 10" L7's powered off a 700.5 (at least until I put the 1000.1 in) and they sound great. Mine are dual 2 ohm, wired series parallel to show the amp 2 ohms.
    2013 Outback V

I've been running 2 10's for a while. Doubles your sound output! You'll need to crack open your seat to make it really work. Check my profile pics for more ideas.

I get a lot of complents and astonished looks when I crank it up. PM me with any questions you have about set-up. I've spent a lot of time figuring out the best configurations for that set-up.

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by Sea N' Things View Post
    Hey MLA do you have any pics? Do the sub's have to be in an enclosure or can I leave the factory km10 in the bulkhead at helm and mount the other above it on a right angle or 45 degrees to the factory install so that it is facing down?

I have not played around with this sub yet infinite-baffle, but based on what I have heard in the factory setups, I would strongly recommend doing an enclosure for it. I would also try to keep them as close as possible to the same plane.

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    I've been running 2 10's for a while. Doubles your sound output! You'll need to crack open your seat to make it really work.
    Newty, have you considered a custom vent for the compartment in the walkthrough for that?
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Newty, have you considered a custom vent for the compartment in the walkthrough for that?

Yea, Ive had a lot of ideas but they are either expensive, perminent, or obtrusive.
    • Adding heater vents to the walk-thru as ports (to match the existing ones.
    • Adding 2 more cup holders to the dash with the bottoms cut out.
    • Notching about a 3" gap along the bottom of the observer seat back. Kind of an Arc along the bottom.
    • I've tried to figure a way to make a vent in the seat base but not sure how I would make that happen.
    Any ideas Razz?

PWI as usual...

http://www.earmarkcaraudio.com/Xcart...cat=293&page=1

Ever though if adding one of these in that gelcoat area kind of where the capacity sticker is. Is this sort of what you are looking for?
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV