Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wink Cheat Lake WV, anyone?!

Any of you guys on here boat on Cheat Lake here in Morgantown? I just bought my Supra last summer and wasn't sure if anyone was close?! Always cool to meet up with people with similar interests!

Ed I've only lived here for 2 years and this is my first boat. I've heard rumors that there are houses at the bottom of Cheat as it is damned at both ends and uses the cheat river as it's water source!! Haha wondered if you could confirm or deny since you mentioned scuba!

BadbluSi - We launched from the marina ramp just south of Interstate 68 and traveled down river as far as navigable. Found great water for boarding and skiing. Flat and little other boat traffic. We live in the Chicago area and trailered the boat for a visit with my sister who lives in Fairmont. Everyone had a great time. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

I know exactly where you mean! Right over by the Whiporwill bar!

i'm about 3hours away from morgantown and always looking for sunday trips to different lakes might have to check the place out!
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10664

Default WVU memories

Went to pharmacy school in Morgantown. Back then I could only dream of owning a boat. It's a great lake, when we lived in Pittsburgh lot's of boaters went there for vacations. It's a great lake!

Go Mountaineers!!!

WVU School of Pharmacy 1988

Mark

Will have to agree with Ed, one of the first things I noticed when I moved here was the color of the lake! One of the more blue green colored lakes I've ever been in! Although right now with all the rain and runoff, it's a bit brown!! Still good times.

Maybe we can try and set up a mini meet around that time?! I've never surfed before, would love to try it!

Grew up in Bethel Park. Weekly trips to Yough, Cheat, Deep Creek. All great water. Our long trips are now down to Norris TN, Cumberland KY, Dale Hallow where the water can be even a clearer emerald green. Cheat was great. I saw it in the winter after a drought 2 years ago and there were no remains of houses that you could see, over the I think 68 bridge?

Would like to tow there but between gas prices and much easier to find wateredge house rentals at Deep Creek, not sure this year. Wonder if Maryland outlawed ballast devices like they were saying?

Pics from Cheat Lake (south end of the river) 2007.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles