Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Important Wiring Change

For anyone following my wiring diagram, please see post #22 of the link below for an important change regarding where to connect the ACR Starter Isolation (SI) wire.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....653#post147653
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    I spoke to David and he shared with me a slightly different wiring scheme that eliminates the need for a resettable breaker between the ACR and the battery. In my set up, I have the ACR wired directly to the battery with an inline resettable breaker on each leg. This allows me to open the breakers and isolate the ACR when I have the onboard smart charger hooked up.

With David’s scheme, the ACR is wired to the output posts on the switch instead of directly to the battery. So when it’s time to charge the batteries, you can put the switch in the OFF position and the ACR will be isolated. This accomplishes the same thing as opening the breakers in my scheme. It’s a more elegant solution that mine since it does not require additional components (the resettable breakers).

Hope that makes sense. This is only relevant if you are going to charge your batteries with a smart charger.

Below is a revise schematic showing David’s scheme in red.

Thanks David for sharing this with me.

Al

Sorry to be dredging up such an old post, but I'm curious...can this layout from David be used even if you don't have an onboard smart charger installed yet? I can't see any reason why not but I'm mechanically, not electrically, minded!!

Thanks
    2016 Moomba Craz