Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Guess it's true that they don't make 'em like they used to...

Mine is a 2001 - after 10 years no rust except maybe on a minor chip or scratch. No problems with the axles, brakes, wiring, lights, anything... Has the original traction pads on the steps still, hell even the original tires.

What's up with the new trailers BoatMate??? I'd be absolutely pissed!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Sandm
    I don't know who told you about the paint but I got a different story from BM. I had the repairs done locally at my expense and they were able to get the paint locally and it wasn't very expensive.
    If the proper application and prep were done the paint should last. I don't see cars rusting in 3 months. Yes the car doesn't go underwater but then again my trailer was only in the water twice and has always been stored inside. I have a car that has never been kept inside and has no rust after 5 years??????
    I will call the builder of my prior trailers and inquire about a price. I know he builds ski boat trailers
    REALLY????

Where are your axles breaking and is there any warning signs? We trailer our xlv about 100 miles everytime we go out.
    Go big or go home!

Wow, $200 to hoist your boat? Ouch

For that much I would have found someone to let me tie off to their dock or spent the day on the water while it was fixed.

$200 buys a lot of fuel.
    2005 Air Nautique SV211 Team Edition
    99 Moomba Boomerang- Sold

Quote Originally Posted by bslide View Post
    Where are your axles breaking and is there any warning signs? We trailer our xlv about 100 miles everytime we go out.
    When one of your wheels/tires tucks up into the fender you know your torsion axle has failed. It may rub the fender, it may not. One of mine did when it failed and it got so hot it scortched the paint on the fender and Boatmate sent me a new fender as well. Fortunately I'm only 2 miles from storage to ramp

Last edited by you da man; 05-02-2011 at 08:20 PM.

3 of my calipers were rusted and sticking causing the trailer wheels to heat up so much that they would sizzle when going into the water. This was when they were 2.5 years old.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

I repainted my trailer fenders after I got a bunch of rock chips and I got the Dupont paint locally and then added a hardener with it and it worked out well.

I do have to say that the look of the trailer almost turned me off from the sale. I bought the boat four years old and the boat was in great condition but the trailer had small rust spots all round and I noticed some were bright red and deep spots which indicated to me the trailer had been in salt water. I was buying from the Moomba dealer (no longer there) in Portland and it is conceivable though illogical that someone would trailer the boat to salt water so I assumed that it was continued exposure to moisture that made those few rust spots so pronounced.

Since getting the boat home, nothing has changed but those spots are touched up and where I live nothing rusts anyway. I guess I'm lucky in some sense as I got springs but I have those crappy drum brakes.

I saw a MC somewhere for sale with the TM trailer so they must use them with other brands also.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Todd, sick looking boat man lol.

How does the rear swing thing work? That looks pretty huge, do you wait till its almost in the water then unbolt it? Its pretty sweet none the less.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by bzubke1 View Post
    3 of my calipers were rusted and sticking causing the trailer wheels to heat up so much that they would sizzle when going into the water. This was when they were 2.5 years old.
    Did you replace the calipers to fix this issue? I think my right front might be sticking. its considerable hotter to the touch than the other three
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I took it to a trailer repair place and he bored and honed the cylinders and a bunch of other stuff, now they work great. It might have been cheaper to get new caliper but I didnt wanna wait weeks to get the parts in.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV