Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I've got 1k in the bow and I've taken a couple really good rollers.
    Berg with the way your hull is under the cushions the water will go right to the bottom and pump out.
    Mine likes to run right through the walk-way and leak under my seats soaking everything in my battery/storage compartment.

You're going to have to be a little more proactive when other boats are around and make sure you approach the waves right. You'll be fine. Make sure you have good insurance.

PWI as usual...

Like I said man, paranoia....

In my early 20's me and a couple buddies buried the nose of my little tri-hull (the ugly duckling from the How Many Boats thread) in a huge roller and took easily a foot or more of water straight over the nose. Knocked my buddy over, cooler flew (floated?) out the back of the boat, couple life jackets and a towel got thrown out and we suddenly were sitting really low in the water. Tried to throttle up to keep the engine running and get the nose up and the little 4-cyl just bogged.

Scary for a minute until we realized we were fine and started laughing over it. Except for losing the beer out of the cooler...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Hey Berg i had the exact same dreams last year before we got on the water when we installed out 1K up front too.

The big thing is you have to have the rear filled before the front or the nose will be super low LOL. Even with the rear 750 full and the 1000 up front i still throw another 200 lbs guy up there to ride. The nose is low but its just menage your throttle when you slow down and always turn away from the weighted side.

I have taking some gnarly rollers, Claudia hit one so big it soaked the Z5 all i saw was a wave of water coming over the windshield. Had 2inchs of standing water in the cabin and in about 2 minutes it was gone from the bilge pump.

I took a couple over the nose that looked pretty bad but never had anything that made the boat act different or made me thing we are going to sink LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Like I said man, paranoia....

Scary for a minute until we realized we were fine and started laughing over it. Except for losing the beer out of the cooler...
    Completely unacceptable. Dammit man get a zipper top cooler or put a latch on it. Something like requires at least a 2 beer calm down period LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    . Except for losing the beer out of the cooler...
    now that is just wrong!

Its a boat that gets wet-sometimes real fast-lol. Had a few rollers myself but it helps cool the carpet off
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Never understood why folks don't dive down and retrieve their beer. I've been a beer diver since I was 14. I was on a camping trip with the Ecology Club at school and it was the day of the 11 mile canoe run. About a half mile into the run I spotted a 5 pack of beer sitting on the bottom (this was in one of the natural spring fed creeks in north central FL). Apparently somebody had pulled one off the six pack thingy and dropped the other 5 overboard. Needless to say we had the most fun canoe ride of anyone on the trip.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Must be a water density thing because beers float in our water.
    you drop a beer and give it 10 seconds or so and will float to the top.

Maybe thats why they call it "light beer".

PWI as usual...

Cans - maybe. Bottles - sinkers!

When I lost those out of the cooler we were just entering the shipping channel of the Columbia river in probably 40-50ft of water. Good luck diving for those! but at least we were on our way back to the launch.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Hmm. This would have been 30 years ago-- ugghh-- can't believe it. The fiver was sitting right on the bottom. Wonder what the cans were made of back then. Wonder what the beer was made of.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Steel cans vs Aluminum would be my bet Kane, Although 30yrs ago I was just a twinkle in my parents eyes
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"