Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have added the 4th threw hull for draining my 1K IBS system. I also have drilled a new hole in the bottom of the hull to add my depth water temp gauge. I also drilled a large hole in the nose of my boat to add a flip over Nav light.

No spider cracks, no chips and everything looks flush.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

My biggest concern is voiding the warranty, not drilling the holes. I have had many boats in the past and...well I did some funky things but they were not as expensive as this 2011 bute I would hate to put a fitting in and a spider crack happen or some other flukey thing...
    Rob Snyder...no not the actor!
    2011 Celestial Blue/Black Accent Moomba Mobius LSV, 340HP

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I have added the 4th threw hull for draining my 1K IBS system. I also have drilled a new hole in the bottom of the hull to add my depth water temp gauge. I also drilled a large hole in the nose of my boat to add a flip over Nav light.

No spider cracks, no chips and everything looks flush.
    Mike, Next time i am in Portland with my boat I have a 6 pack of beer with your name on it for a little help in drilling holes in the boat.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    Mike, Next time i am in Portland with my boat I have a 6 pack of beer with your name on it for a little help in drilling holes in the boat.
    Mike you let me know and ill come see you in Eugene buddy, not a problem.

As for drilling holes in a boat and voiding warranty, i don't think that will happen, they may just not warranty spider cracks near the spot to drilled. AWS has seen all the options and work i have done on the boat and they have never hinted i would lose my warranty. Even though i run non factory ballast SC and AWS replaced my entire swim deck. Now i have 2 of them.

THe new 2011 swim deck is different from the 08 its much thicker around the edged. Almost mimics the upgrade Todd < Outback 11 did to his. Ill snap some pictures once i unwrap it. The bad thing is they sent me a grey platform cover with it and they doesn't match anything in my boat. So i have to order a Sea Deck pad again =/
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I spoke w SC a little while ago about drilling holes.
    1 If a dealer drills them you have FULL waranty.
    2 If you drill them they will warany everything unless the holes you drilled caused the problem.

That is basically what mmandley said.

Now I can go drill some holes!!!
    REALLY????

please post up what you plan to do. diagram?
    im wanting to add the bow sack as well. and never thought about sharing intakes.
    i would like a seperate pump though.

Change of plans , my dealer has agreed to drill the holes for the thru hull fittings. I will be installing a switched 4th pump.

Now no warranty issues....

Stang here is how my IBS system is put in.

It fills off the ski locker pump, when the 400 is full it draines into the 650 IBS bag, this is via the outlet at the top of my 400.

I then have 2 drain pumps on my IBS. 1 at each corner.
    I have a vent line at the top center of my IBS bag.
    Both pumps and the vent all tie into 1 line at the drivers side and go to a 4th threw hull fitting.

This stops air from being in my system, it drains the 1K nose bags faster then i can drain a 750. I have the drain pumps looped together and they all run off the factory drain switch. No additional switches needed. Since these are 800 Tsunami pumps there is no worry running them dry.

Inside the ski locker i drilled into the left side of the nose section right by a brace. I drilled from the nose side into the ski locker after measuring.

This is the drivers side and shows the drain pump, i just remove the inerds of the pump when i removed the bag so i don't have to disconnect it

electrically.

Pic looking up into the dash, you can see the factory threw hull line < clear > with a 1 way check valve and then the added line is going to another threw hull.

[COLOR="#696969"]

Those are good pics, Mike, they really tell the story.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Thx Mike for the pics...