Hybrid View

Default Built a box and fascia for my 10" Sub

At the end of the winter project we did the sub ended up getting left free air. The more I finished up the more it bothered me. I built a box out of 3/4 Ply and slapped it in on top of the hump and made up a fascia out of 1/4 birch that I padded and covered in Marine Vinyl. Only have a few cell pics, but you get the idea. Ended up loosing barely 2" at the floor of foot space. There is so much room, you don't even notice the 2". My box came out to right around the .75 size, was shooting for a solid 1. After doing this one I think I see how I could increase it to get the 1 full foot, but eh...I'm sick of working on stuff!

Notched it so the bilge air vent wouldn't be affected.

Two test fit shots before finishing everything out

Final look. This pic really doesn't do it justice. The grey vinyl blends perfectly "in real life" and looks completely factory imo. I cut the fascia oversize so one wrapped and padded with the vinyl, its all flush.

It's by no means a professionals box, but for a season, it will fit the ticket. The kicker sub sounds absolutely amazing (to my ears) in it

looks good in my book man, good work.
    2004 Moomba LSV Blue

Looks good. Wish you had a pic with the box in there before the fascia went on.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Ill get one some day, but here is something I made up to give you an idea of exactly how it sits on hump. I'm a MS Paint dork. I know. It's a sickness.

You can see where the 2x 4 come down, they touch the bottom edge of the hump, so that thickness is the only "real" floor space lost

looks good to me
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Dusty,
    You've got lots of room on that facia! I can see an upgrade at the end of the season to fill that area up with a second (or bigger) woofer

Looks good though - nice and clean!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

X2 what viking said. heheh~

Dusty - box looks very well built. really. Good job! Just needs a 15 in it. Ok, well maybe a 12.

-Brian

Send one of those big 12's my way and ill redo the whole thing!