Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by E4NASH View Post
    Ok, I got that part but which post on the Perko should the amps be connected to....1, 2, or common? Do I just pick one and let that be that??
    I mean I guess I am confused because one person says common, someone else says 2, and then someone says 1. I know that if its on 1 and it dies I can switch to number 2 and get going again. So I guess it doesn't matter which one it goes on. I just want it to be right and not have any problems.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

E4NASH,
    I sure like the faucet analogy.
    ALL electronics including the amplifiers, helm buss (which may include the HU supply) and alternator/starter feed should be attached to the dual battery 'common' post. Add a distribution block if needed when you can't stack it all on a single post but that's rare until you have a mammoth or highly complex system.
    A completely separate byproduct would be if you have two large symmetrical deep cycle batteries comprising each bank, you can alternate their role ('stereo/accessory' battery while at rest) or (starting battery held in reserve) every other weekend. This will extend the life of both batteries.

David
    Earmark Marine

Okay.
    The dual battery switch will have three posts.
    Common: connected to all electronics.
    1: connected to battery #1.
    2: connected to battery #2.

All other references to #1 or #2 will be related to the switch position as you connect to battery #1 or #2. When switched to battery #1 you are bridging #1post with the 'common' output post. Same scheme with position #2.
    'Both' or 'all' is when both #1 and #2 are connected to the 'common' output post.
    'Off' is when both #1 and #2 are totally disconnected.

I hope I'm helping the cause rather than hurting it here.

David
    Earmark Marine

Is the Comp-Vt a loaded sub/enclosure and 2 Ohm at the terminal cap or is it a2 Ohm DVC raw driver? IF the later, how is it wired? 1 Ohm would be an issue, 4 ohm would just be reduced power.

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    Okay.
    The dual battery switch will have three posts.
    Common: connected to all electronics.
    1: connected to battery #1.
    2: connected to battery #2.

All other references to #1 or #2 will be related to the switch position as you connect to battery #1 or #2. When switched to battery #1 you are bridging #1post with the 'common' output post. Same scheme with position #2.
    'Both' or 'all' is when both #1 and #2 are connected to the 'common' output post.
    'Off' is when both #1 and #2 are totally disconnected.

I hope I'm helping the cause rather than hurting it here.

David
    Earmark Marine
    Thanks David that helps. I also came across the Exile wiring diagram and it shows the ground being connected to battery # 2 (Stereo Battery) so I think we are all set.

As for the amp, installer says it has been working fine since I left him this afternoon and he is charging the battery. Maybe it was just low...I hope that is the case. He will continue to test it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Is the Comp-Vt a loaded sub/enclosure and 2 Ohm at the terminal cap or is it a2 Ohm DVC raw driver? IF the later, how is it wired? 1 Ohm would be an issue, 4 ohm would just be reduced power.
    The sub is a 2 Ohm single voice coil. The amp cannot see any other type of load with this sub on the sub channel.
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Tow Rig:

The sub is a 2 Ohm single voice coil. The amp cannot see any other type of load with this sub on the sub channel.
    Interesting, i never realized the Vt was a SVC sub. Its not one I would ever think about using for a boat install.

Interesting, i never realized the Vt was a SVC sub. Its not one I would ever think about using for a boat install.
    I chose it because I didn't want to use a huge box as I didn't want sacrifice much leg room. From what I heard today it POUNDS! It turned out to be a pretty good choice...

Tow Rig:

I chose it because I didn't want to use a huge box as I didn't want sacrifice much leg room. From what I heard today it POUNDS! It turned out to be a pretty good choice...
    It is a great sub, Ive used it many times in the Kicker loaded enclosures for pickups. The box and woofer fit perfectly under the back seat of the full size extended-cab trucks and is a perfect match with the ZX700.5

It is a great sub, Ive used it many times in the Kicker loaded enclosures for pickups. The box and woofer fit perfectly under the back seat of the full size extended-cab trucks and is a perfect match with the ZX700.5
    Precisely why I chose it!

Tow Rig: