Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Accessory Switch Light Not Working?

Has anyone had one of these burn out? I've been jacking around with the accessory lighting, so its possible I could have done something to "kill" it, but the switch its self still works, just not the light.

I've checked all the fuzes and wiring, and everything looks good, just kind of weird that its the only one that died...

Am I crazy?
    2013 Outback V

Crazy-well possible.

Could it be the little bulb inside the switch-try swapping switch's and see what happens
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I didn't realize there was a bulb inside the switch, I figured it was an LED, which is why I thought it odd that it would burn out after just a few years.
    2013 Outback V

Ian, thinking aloud that its a bulb-I very well could be wrong and your right about a led.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Had bulb blow out on a switch in bass boat.. i dont tbink u can replace the bulb.. i bought a new switch..

I figured that would be the case - I was more curious if there was something I was missing, or if I just need to go buy a switch, lol.
    2013 Outback V

Ian i haven't checked but maybe there is a wire that is jumped to make it light up when on? it may have come loose while crawling under the dash to do your LED upgrades? Just a thought!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Ian i would also PM Al Cab if i recall he had an issue with the lights in one of his switches last year and i think he figured out how to fix it. Worth a shot man.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I don't think you can PM him. I think I tried once and he had it turned off or something.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I don't think you can PM him. I think I tried once and he had it turned off or something.
    Kane,

You're right - I turned off PM because it has limited storage capacity and it was always filling up, plus I'm not on this site as much as I'd like so I did not always see them right away. But I can always be reached by email.

Ian, Mike is right - I think the switch just has to be jumpered correctly for the light to work. Another forum member figured this out a while ago and posted a how to. I searched for it a bit when I first saw your post but couldn't find it. I'll look a little more when I have some time. But u might search "Heater switch wiring" and see if u can find it.

Good luck.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV