Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kicker KMT60 Tower Speakers

Well, after 2 years of no tower speakers and trying to blow the ear drums of the folks in the boat while I was on a wakeboard, I finally bit the bullet (more like saved my pennies) and bought a set of tower speakers! I picked up the new line of kicker KMT's that are out, the KMT60. I got them on ebay for half the price of what everywhere else is selling them for. These are new to the market so it doesn't even look like anyone has had a real chance to rate them or anything yet, but we shall see how they work. Does anyone happen to know anyone with these tower speakers and how they sound? I'll keep you guys updated as far as the install and how they sound! I'm as excited as a fat kid with cake on cloud 9 on a sugar high!!!!

HAHAH on the fat kid joke.

I ran the regular KMT6s for my first set of towers. Good solid bang for your buck speaker. They are power hungry speakers and absolutely hate Bass. They will distort and destroy themselves if you bass them.

They really want to see some serious power i think Kicker reccomends 225 watts per pod < ZX450.2 > is what i ran them on and High Pass the signal to them and keep the cross over at 100 or slightly higher. They can be herd at wake-board distance but they are not HLCDs.

I was very happy with them while i had them and only upgraded because i went to HLCDs. I still have that set of KMT6s i gave them to a friend and he used them and then went to a different set up, so i got them back and this year they are going on my friends Rienell.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

much better looking than than the old setup.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    much better looking than than the old setup.
    Yes sir they are a lot better looking i like the new grills they have on it. Looks more like there standard Kicker line of speakers now.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I honestly was looking at the KMT6's. I am on a real strict budget due to my tow rig's transmission taking a hike down the "I don't want to go anywhere" road... So the KMT6's looked real good for the money. But then I saw these and completely forgot about the others.

Bummer, I just got a 350.2 amp. I'll eventually have to upgrade I guess, but hey, it'll get me started. Some sound coming from the tower is better than not having any. I can vouch for that!!

Hey guys-

Thanks for the comments on the cosmetics. Glad to know you like the looks of the new KMT60. We did a few things different with this speaker system.

Know that the grills are removable now. If you wanted to paint them a different color to match the boat or whatever, all you have to do is pop them off and paint them. Also, know that oif you want to mount the new KMT60 on top of your bar(s) you can now unscrew the front baffle from the enclosure and flip it. This will make the KICKER name read right-side-up with the enclosures mounted high.

Proper power is the ZXM450.2 as mmandly shared, but sicktc06, you will still get reasonable performance out of your 350.2 amp. With the 350.2 you will be delivering somewhere between 110 and 130 watts to each speaker, pretty close to rated power handling.

Hope you guys like these!

Phil
    Kicker

Nice looking speaker pod
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I have the older Kicker KMT6's and are powered by the Kicker ZXM450.2 and they are LOUD! It is true they deffinitely don't like bass and will distort easily if they get too much. For the money they are a great set. I may upgrade to HLCDs later on but for now they serve their purpose. I wish mine had the removable grill, like the new ones have, so I could paint it. Looks MUCH better with a little bit of color.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

I just installed the KMT60's on my Supra last weekend. Got to use them yesterday for the first time and these things are great. Granted, on the back of the boat it can get a little loud, but that was expected as these aren't HLCD's...

I powered them with an MB Quart NAU460 bridged to 2ch at 175w/each at 4ohms. They're rated for 150W/pod so my gain is about 80%-85% up at the amp.

Great deep sound up close, but enough high's for when you're 50'+ back. I think we got the same deal on eBay and for the price, I don't think these can be beat.

Very happy with the purchase.
    2005 Supra Launch 24 SSV

[QUOTE=beedish;135286]I just installed the KMT60's on my Supra last weekend. Got to use them yesterday for the first time and these things are great. Granted, on the back of the boat it can get a little loud, but that was expected as these aren't HLCD's...[QUOTE]

Yeah I thought they were really loud at the back of the boat as well. I put a separate volume control on them so when we are just hanging out in the boat we aren't blasting everyone out of it. Works pretty well...
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...