Default Help , having problems putting rub rail back on

We tried to put rub rail base ( white plastic ) down last night and it was off on most holes by a 1/4 of an inch, we tried stretching it however could not get holes lined up. My only thought is that with the cold weather it constricted a little. Are thought is to leave it out on black top on next sunny day to heat it up and we should beable to stretch it on. Any other ideas??? Thanks guys
    Matt Glenn

sounds like your on the right path, and are you sure your starting out with the same piece in the same location?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Heat gun works well to. Wear some gloves and heat the plastic up just a tad and it will flex more.

Off topic slightly but i have a roll top cover on my truck and in the winter when i pull it off to use the bed i cant get it to fit the truck unless i heat it or the sun is out. Then in the summer its really easy to stretch it to make it fit tight again.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Mike - I have a similar cover (Truxedo brand) and there are adjustment screws on each rail up by the cab that I use to tighten/loosen with the change of season to always keep the cover tight.

Yea i had more of a problem with the F150 cover. The new 350 cover has adjustments so i do exactly that in the seasons. Plus it has the new locking rear bar that snaps in and makes it all tight. Then you push the buttons in with your thumb to release it. I almost cant push it in i have it adjusted a little to tight right now LOL.

My first winter with the F150 cover i was cursing overtime i had to remove it because i knew it would be a PITA to get back on. I think it was a first generation style and it didn't have any adjustments. These covers have really came a long way since they got popular 5 years ago
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]