Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hutch-

I looked at my carb today and I have exactly the same model as you. Spoke with a guy named Sean at Holley and he said a replacement would be no problem. I'm gonna wait a few weeks to send mine in as I don't want to be without it during that time.
    Let me know if you get yours replaced so i know how it went and what kind of turn-around they do on the new unit. Again thanks for the info.
    Wish i had of know about this a couple months ago!

-Josh
    love each day...

2006 Mobius LSV
    1996 Chevy Suburban 2500

Default holley carb rebuild

well better late than never I suppose, glad to hear they are going to support it though...I am hoping to get mine back this weekend...Ricky said he would turn it around quickly...so I will let you know. Couple of questions on the rebuild kit though from Amazon...does it include the large black gasket between the carb and the engine? also any chance it includes the tension spring that puts pressure on the throttle lever? the large gasket looks like it should be replaced and the spring broke when I was taking it off.

thanks, Hutch
    '06 Mobius LSV

Hutch-
    The gasket that comes with the kit is not as thick as the original, but has the correct bolt pattern and seems to work great on mine. (One thing to note though is the length of your hold down bolts. If they are super long then you might need the thickness of the original gasket to get a tight fit or shorter bolts.) Mine were short enough to secure nicely with the new thinner gasket.
    You could probably get this at an auto part store due to the fact that the 4150 is common and the pattern should be the same. Just a guess, but I know they stock some Holley parts at my local Kragen.
    The kit did NOT include the spring but I'm sure that you could get one at an auto parts store as it is pretty common and the amount of tension is not super critical. It just needs to pull back to neutral.
    Those parts separate should be pretty cheap whereas the whole rebuild is almost $50 or so.

Hope this helps.

-Josh
    love each day...

2006 Mobius LSV
    1996 Chevy Suburban 2500

just to close the loop....I received the new carb from Holley on a Wed...had sent it on a Monday the week before, it arrived on Wed and they said they ordered and sent the new carb via UPS ground the next day. So pretty good turnaround considering... I was able to reuse the old spring and Holley sent a new spacer with the carb. Installed the new carb in less than 30 mins and up and running....I adjusted the idle to about 800 and haven't done anything else to it. Now my choke works great whereas before I always took awhile to get the engine primed... so far so good, and very happy Holley provided the replacement after having the issue with the casting.

Hutch
    '06 Mobius LSV

Thanks for the follow-up. You must have got the last carb in the warehouse! They are making me one and will send when it is done.
    Can you tell me if the new carb comes with the chrome duel fuel supply or if you kept that when you sent yours back?
    Glad to hear yours is back in great running shape. Hopefully mine will be soon too.
    Double up!

-Josh
    love each day...

2006 Mobius LSV
    1996 Chevy Suburban 2500

Sorry Josh..missed this one. It did not come with the fuel supply line. I reused mine. It did come up with a the large spacer. Have you received the new carb yet?

Hutch
    '06 Mobius LSV

Thanks for the reply Hutch. Yes I received my carb, it installed no problem, and have been out on the lake about 5 times with it so far. Works great. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it and props to Holley for standing behind their carbs.
    Have a great summer!
    love each day...

2006 Mobius LSV
    1996 Chevy Suburban 2500

Default Moomba Carb Rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by bludpumper View Post
    I just recently successfully rebuilt my Holley 4150 Carb off a Indmar 310.
    It came out of my 2006 Mobius LSV.
    If anyone has any questions or would like help with a similar project please feel free to ask.
    I had never done it before, learned a lot, made a few mistakes, but went from a non-running boat to a boat that runs super good.
    Anyways, hope you all have a trouble free summer but if you get in a tight spot I'd love to help if I can!
    Cheers!
    I have a Moomba Outback 2006 310 that does not run right when I reach 30 to 35 MPH. The engine loses acceleration. Although I keep the throttle lever at the same position, the engine will decelerate and then after a few seconds, it will accelerate again. It continues until I throttle down to a lower speed. At low speeds, the boat runs fine.

So far, I have done the following:
    Replaced distributor cap and rotor
    Spark plugs
    Fuel filter
    Sea Foam in the gas
    Sprayed Carpuretor cleaner

Yet, no luck in resolving the issue.

Do you have any ideas of what may be causing this? I feel that it may be related to the carburetor.

Sounds like bad gas to me. Add another can of sea foam and fill up with fresh gas. I had a similar problem and after about 15 min of running the boat it was Resolved. Let me know if that works.

Good luck!
    2002 Moomba Outback LSV

Thanks for the advice. I plan on siphoning the gas and refilling with fresh gas and more sea foam.
    I will let you know if it resolves the issue.