Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Speedo calibration help for '15 Mojo

Anyone know how to calibrate the speedometer on the '15 mojo? Mine seems to be 2-3 mph off. I saw online and in the manual that there is a knob under the dash, but I looked everywhere behind mine and didn't see anything. Any direction is appreciated.

I have a much older boat ( 2008 ) but typically the potentiometer is under the dash near the key switch. It is not in a bracket of any kind just tie wrapped to the wires.
    2008 Moomba Outback DD resurrection

You should be able to set the offset in the menu options, but I don't remember which ones. My 15 Mojo was off 2 mph and I adjusted using gps app. Was easy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    2015 Mojo

so you use the offset to calibrate it? I wasnt sure what that was for but I saw it in the computer menu. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeamk03 View Post
    You should be able to set the offset in the menu options, but I don't remember which ones. My 15 Mojo was off 2 mph and I adjusted using gps app. Was easy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I think he is speaking of the speedometer itself and not the digital reading. The speedometer should have a potentiometer under the dash...my 14 Mondo is up and to the far right (if looking from the floor) The offset is to set the digital readout. I am still messing with mine....I had it set perfect so I thought going 20 mph and using a GPS but when surfing, the speed was off again. I don't get it.
    2014 Mondo
    2013 Yamaha AR192.... Long gone

Ok so now I'm a little confused. I want to set the digital speed readout so when I set the cruise for surfing it's at the right speed. I've actually already ordered the GPS replacement unit so I can do away with the paddlewheel surges altogether, but they said the GPS unit and speedometer still need to be calibrated correctly once it's installed. So the offset effects the digital speed readout and the potentiometer effects the analog speedometer gauge? I guess I thought they were connected somehow and not independent of each other.

The analog speedo is controlled by a stepper motor. Depending on the software configuration it can be configured many ways but it will inevitably have to match the speedo's requirements of steps per revolution. Input devices (the paddle wheel) are encoders.

Ok... So can anyone describe the process used to calibrate the paddlewheel speed for the cruise control on the display panel? I'm guessing use a handheld gps and use the paddlewheel offset function. Then if I want the analog speedometer to match I'll find the knob under the dash that controls that. Right?

That is the way I understand it. If you have an iphone, it should tell the speed.

My Moomba Lives in Eagle River, WI - We Live in Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by Ruzzbutz View Post
    Ok... So can anyone describe the process used to calibrate the paddlewheel speed for the cruise control on the display panel? I'm guessing use a handheld gps and use the paddlewheel offset function. Then if I want the analog speedometer to match I'll find the knob under the dash that controls that. Right?
    I'm jumping on this thread as I have a similar problem with my 2014 LSV, where I have ~2mph differential between my digital readout and GPS app ...... I assume the process is the same as described above?

Ruzzbutz - were you able to fix it on your '15 Mojo?