Thread: Hotwire my boat

Default Hotwire my boat

My ignition has been acting wonky this year so I thought i would bypass the start on the ignition and add a push button start. After figuring out the wiring to the ignition plug if I cold wire the red to purple for fuel pump ignition and acc, then I can quick touch red to yellow to fire the starter ........bam hotwire start. The key is working for now , if it acts up on my holidays Ill add the push button that i ordered and have. It is blue led ringed so it looks a little cool
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

My key is a little hard to get in. I'm thinking about doing the same. I have other ways of disabling the boat but most of the time when it's not running I'm either in it or it's in my garage. Key is kind of silly.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

The key is even more silly when you look behind the dash and realize that the wires on the switch are quick connect spade terminals. You could literally hot-wire a boat as quick as they do cars in Hollywood.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

The ignition switch is a failure point so everyone needs to be able to hotwire. The same goes for the cutout switch for those that have an active switch.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

"Wonky" wtf

Oh yea. I forgot "Wonky" is part of the Canadian Pittsburgheze language.