Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Dan, I noticed you drilled your hole a lot lower on the bracket than Ian did, so there is a lot more pressure on your set screw than on Ians so maybe that is the difference.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Dan, I noticed you drilled your hole a lot lower on the bracket than Ian did, so there is a lot more pressure on your set screw than on Ians so maybe that is the difference.
    Yep, that could be too. I'll keep experimenting... worst case it's back to the shims.

For anyone who is handy with a welder and welding, here is my fix. One side bracket pin hole was completely wore out, and the other side was getting damn close, hence the welded portion at the top (in picture) or the bottom of the bracket. Swim platform is solid as can be, no more slop, and I'm very confident this will last.

2004 Moomba LSV Blue

2004 Moomba LSV Blue

Nice, not sure why my pics are coming up... here they are my old method of posting pics.

2004 Moomba LSV Blue

2004 Moomba LSV Blue

Nice fix. I cut some galvanized duct work sheet metal shims a placed on inner and outer sides of both brackets between the rear of the boat bracket and the rear of the platform bracket. It shims the platform up. Also if the platform moves up from wakes rolling in from the stern or pressure from surfing , the shim will drop down wedging it better. Easy n cheap alt to welding
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Has anyone checked on just swapping the old style brackets with the new style used on the 2011's? I believe that you would only have to replace the ones attaced to the transom and not the ones on the platform. I looked at them the other day, and they appear to have the same mounting hole pattern.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    Nice fix. I cut some galvanized duct work sheet metal shims a placed on inner and outer sides of both brackets between the rear of the boat bracket and the rear of the platform bracket. It shims the platform up. Also if the platform moves up from wakes rolling in from the stern or pressure from surfing , the shim will drop down wedging it better. Easy n cheap alt to welding
    I had previous had shims wedging the deck in place, but removing the deck from the boat was a pita for me, so I finally got around to just welding it up. It slides into place easy and removes easy. Hoping to not have to touch it again and I probably won't be the owner of the boat when the deck needs some TLC again.
    2004 Moomba LSV Blue

If i'm looking at this correctly, you added some length to the bracket so now the bracket on the platform extends below the transom bracket. And you also welded some thickness near the top (widest) portion of the platform bracket to fill the gap and wedge the brackets together. Is that about right? Did you also add thickness to the entire length of the platform bracket?
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand