Quote Originally Posted by flex View Post
sorry phil! let me clarify on the crossover i was referring to. it is the built in crossover in the hlcd's. there is a 0db & a 6db setting depending if the horn & mid are in parallel, which mine are in parallel.

i looked at the settings yesterday evening:
amp 1 & 2 are set to Hi
the crossover freq knob was set appx 120Hz. i've adjusted down to 80Hz
i left the gain as is.
the bass boost knob (on face of the amp) was turned up. i've adjusted down to zero.

i'll check it out this weekend & see what happens. if it still cuts out, i'll probably get the zxm450.2.

thanks for the help guys!!!

one more question.....where can i get the amp stand offs? or should i improvise?
Hey flex-

Gotcha on the horn cvrossover, THAT does make sense...

On the amp crossover, 120 Hz is not bad, so you could leave it there if you like the way it sounds. Having the bass boost up may be the culprit so turning it down will help.

On the standoffs, you can improvise. Many times we will see a short piece of wood, one that will go from screw hole to screw hole on each end of the amp. Some guys have used short pieces of metal or plastic tube with the screws through them. Small blocks of ABS plastic are sometimes used. The universal theme is that the mounting screws go through whatever the stand-off material is being used. HIt the harwarae aisle of your local home improvement store and see if sometihng catches your eye.

Other will have stand-off suggestions, so take ideas from all and do what makes sense for your applpication.

Let us know how it goes!

Phil
Kicker